The Student Room Group

Worth breaking up with LDR girlfriend for sex with other girls?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Emily.97
The fact that you're even considering this proves that you dont deserve her.

I don't agree with this. He's realised that he's looking at other girls in a certain way and he's confused about how he feels about his girlfriend. There's nothing wrong with realising that you no longer love someone.
Original post by CherryWine
I don't agree with this. He's realised that he's looking at other girls in a certain way and he's confused about how he feels about his girlfriend. There's nothing wrong with realising that you no longer love someone.

My point is that they shouldn't be together. If you're truly committed to somebody and love them, then that should over ride and diminish any other sexual desires with anybody else. He's actually weighing the two scenarios up, and if he's questioning that then its time to leave. I wouldn't want to be with someone if they were considering being intimate with other people, so his partner is better off without him.
Original post by Emily.97
My point is that they shouldn't be together. If you're truly committed to somebody and love them, then that should over ride and diminish any other sexual desires with anybody else. He's actually weighing the two scenarios up, and if he's questioning that then its time to leave. I wouldn't want to be with someone if they were considering being intimate with other people, so his partner is better off without him.

Yeah I agree that they shouldn't be together :smile: but that doesn't make his girlfriend a better person for still having the same feelings for him. He doesn't not deserve her, that implies he's done something wrong. He's just realised that maybe he doesn't love her the same way she loves him and was asking what to do because he felt guilty about the way he felt.
Original post by CherryWine
Yeah I agree that they shouldn't be together :smile: but that doesn't make his girlfriend a better person for still having the same feelings for him. He doesn't not deserve her, that implies he's done something wrong. He's just realised that maybe he doesn't love her the same way she loves him and was asking what to do because he felt guilty about the way he felt.

Hmm, I guess.
I, personally, struggle to be sympathetic towards this kind if stuff, but I do get what you're saying.
Original post by voiceofreason234
Because if you're single there's no guarantee you're getting laid at all, is there? I know plenty of single guys that go months without getting any.

At least if you have a girlfriend, even if it's long distance, you're pretty much guaranteed some sex when you do happen to meet up. And to be honest the sex will probably be good as you've not seen each other for a long time (whereas sex with the same person, day after day gets boring). OP can have the best of both worlds by keeping this girl, and looking at trying to get some ONS with others.

I am glad I am not your girlfriend, quite frankly it is morally wrong to cheat.
Original post by Rock Fan
I am glad I am not your girlfriend, quite frankly it is morally wrong to cheat.

There's plenty of things I don't think are 'moral' but they still happen. In the end you start to learn to put yourself first, beyond all others.
I'm not talking about what is 'moral', I'm talking about what is best for OP. Number 1 rule in life: look after number 1.

That is so not the number one rule in life.
Original post by TurboCretin
That is so not the number one rule in life.

Yes it is.
Yes it is.

Living by that rule will make you miserable.
Original post by TurboCretin
Living by that rule will make you miserable.

I'm perfectly happy now...happier than the days I used to consider 'other people' before doing something.

There is no one more important in life than yourself, and anyone who doesn't agree is just asking to be screwed over by someone who does have that philosophy.
If you'd consider that then you surely don't love her back. You need to weigh up what means more to you, sex or your girlfriend. :rolleyes:
I'm perfectly happy now...happier than the days I used to consider 'other people' before doing something.

There is no one more important in life than yourself, and anyone who doesn't agree is just asking to be screwed over by someone who does have that philosophy.

You don't have to believe that looking after number 1 is all that matters to avoid losing your shirt. Nobody has ever achieved success single-handedly. If you live your life in the single-minded pursuit of self-interest, you run the risk of becoming ostracised. People who know you will know that any interaction with you has been calculated to bring you gain, regardless of the consequences for them.

Aside from all of that, helping other people has always been fundamental to the survival and prosperity of our species. Our physiology pays homage to that fact by rewarding the assistance of others by release of oxytocin. It is the only way to be truly happy, however content you might be right now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending