The Student Room Group

Guys: Honestly, what do you think about overweight girls in general?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by frankieboy
Or there's the other option which is probably the correct one. The BMI charts are a load of twaddle. People get taken in by this rubbish?

I wonder why I specifically noted reasons why I assumed she would lack muscle mass.

Given that she lacks muscle mass BMI is quite appropriate indeed.
Original post by TorpidPhil
If you go to the gym 3+ times a week yet are still obese in your BMI and clearly lack a lot of muscle (otherwise you would know you have no weight issue and wouldn't whine about it on a forum) then either:

1) You are a glutton and eat far too much and a poor diet which is also unattractive.

OR

2) You are an idiot and have no idea how to most efficiently spend your time at the gym. Which is also unattractive.

Or both, which is very unattractive.

Or the person could have some other factors like hyperthyroidism, effects of medication, depression etc that could be preventing her from loosing weight. Atleast try to be less ignorant that you actually are. :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pagorai
Or the person could have some other factors like hyperthyroidism, effects of medication, depression etc that could be preventing her from loosing weight. Atleast try to be less ignorant that you actually are. :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for this! I actually have a condition called PCOS which makes it extremely difficult to lose weight, as a major side effect of it is being over weight and weight gain. I also take the contraceptive pill which makes you prone to weight gain so that sucks too, but thank you for this because I don't think people understand how hard I'm trying to be healthy and get down to a healthy size, but other factors are limiting my ability to - I'm not saying it's impossible for me to lose weight but it does make it a lot harder.
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you for this! I actually have a condition called PCOS which makes it extremely difficult to lose weight, as a major side effect of it is being over weight and weight gain. I also take the contraceptive pill which makes you prone to weight gain so that sucks too, but thank you for this because I don't think people understand how hard I'm trying to be healthy and get down to a healthy size, but other factors are limiting my ability to - I'm not saying it's impossible for me to lose weight but it does make it a lot harder.

Its ok sweety, i know the struggle. I am overweight as well but i do not have any conditions or so. But i have friends who have conditions and nasty people are always lookin down on big people without really knowing anything. About time i enlighten some clueless people.The mental and physical pressure is already too much for us to handle and we do not need more negatively in our life. Dont feel down. Just be optimistic and keep workin on it i guess. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
ok then, overweight due to lack of self control/overeating/lack of exercise etc = weak resolve = not attractive

if its not due to weak resolve (which is a massive turnoff for me) then love comes in any shape and size
Anyone overweight (visually, like fat looking) is a bit gross... Nothing else to it.

There's a difference between overweight and a bit above average though.

Although some people have fat fetishes :dontknow:
Reply 46
Basically in my opinion if size has nothing to do with it, i'm an average build guy and i've been in serious relationships with girls who are "overweight' and "skinny" and have found both very attractive. Basically size has nothing to do with it, don't worry about it!
No thanks.
Original post by pagorai

I often find these obsessive health/fitness/BMI freaks talk a load of rubbish.
depends - I don't really have a problem if they're slightly chunkier than usual
but really - why can't overweight women just lose weight? I used to be fat and lazy, but then I lost weight and now I'm think and fit
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Anyone overweight (visually, like fat looking) is a bit gross... Nothing else to it.

There's a difference between overweight and a bit above average though.

Although some people have fat fetishes :dontknow:

So to them it's not gross, right?
If they want to lose weight they'll need all the support. Otherwise, they've accepted their bodies and their health problems
You see, I hear a lot of people say that guys generally go for curvy or slightly bigger girls but I literally know no guy that would pick me over my small size 6/8 friend.

Prettier face on her maybe? :dontknow:
Obviously obese is subjective by eye but i'm not too picky.

'tubby' is my limit.
Original post by frankieboy
I often find these obsessive health/fitness/BMI freaks talk a load of rubbish.

Yes. A LOT. Obsessed enough to not be aware of their ignorance.
Original post by TorpidPhil
I think they're lazy, unmotivated, unambitious, have little self-care or self-respect.

Hey, you asked.

This^

I would not date an overweight person because it does show lack of self-control and laziness. Not exactly ideal qualities.

And I can come out with this because I myself am overweight and know that it is due to my own fault and my own lazy attitude.
It shows laziness in keeping one's weight down. That's all. It is not an indicator of any other forms of laziness. Plenty of very active people who have achieved a lot are overweight.

I feel we are in danger of being very pompous in our judgements here. Don't read more into it than there really is.
Nah I definitely am haha! I'm not typically overweight like I don't have humongous boobs or a huge stomach but I have big thighs and it makes it worse because I'm short, plus my BMI actually says 'obese' so!

im on team midget and thunder thighs
I'm in the same situation, I'm an overweighted 17 girl and have never properly had a boyfriend.. It's a little bit different for me because I have huge boobs and I'm chubby but I have not a big stomach.. Because of my boobs , the people I know tell me that I'm fat and it bothers me a lot so I'm trying to loose weight but I'm training at home and all.. I wonder how people would treat me if I was thinner

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
i don't think it matters in terms of friends. in date terms, yes it does.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending