The Student Room Group

Men wearing makeup?

Scroll to see replies

I don't get why people are so weird over this subject. Especially girls.
I mean, you DO know that the male celebrities you like probably wear more makeup than you do when on television??

Nothing wrong with it imo
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Quite homo if you ask me

I agree

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
I'd assume they are
1: Doing #nomakeupselfie.
2: Gay. Not like there's anything wrong with that or anything.
Concealer, maybe. Foundation, step too far. Maybe in really severe acne/scarring cases. My gay friend wears concealer sometimes, foundation when he's in cheerleading practice but no more than that.
Reply 24
hello,
yes most of men are wearing basic makeup :wink:
talcum powder or fairness cream...
Reply 25
Original post by CrimsonRainDrops
Just wondering, what's your opinion on men wearing makeup? preferably 18 year olds?

Edit: Just basic foundation and concealer etc. not eye makeup or anything like a drag queen.

I once say this guy in a cafe who was wearing makeup and I swear it looked so good on him, it didn't even really look feminine or anything he just looked fantastic.

As for foundation and concealer honestly that stuff probably isn't going to make the acne you're trying to cover up better...
Reply 26
Original post by battycatlady

It's time we stopped paying attention to gender restrictions.

This^^^:smile:
Just wondering, what's your opinion on men wearing makeup? preferably 18 year olds?

Edit: Just basic foundation and concealer etc. not eye makeup or anything like a drag queen.

Hurts nobody, more power to them.
Original post by lktaior
hello,
yes most of men are wearing basic makeup :wink:
talcum powder or fairness cream...

Not sure about this...
Its your personal choice. Go ahead, just make sure that the make up is not too obvious.
I see no problem with it
Original post by LTG
Homo.

How?
The reason people feel its weird is because its not currently common in society. Men, for the most part, don't worry about how they look (or are expected not to worry). Women in this society are expected to feel insecure about how they look. Its ingrained into them by adverts and a lot of thoughts about how women look are pushed onto them at an early age (e.g. "dont [act in a certain way] or no man will want you" type of things).

I'd rather no one felt the need to wear make up, then men wearing it as well as women. But there shouldn't be a problem with it at all. If a guy wants to make his eyelashes look longer and his skin look smoother, who cares? If you feel uncomfortable about it, how about considering that he's doing it so he feels better about himself and so he looks good to him. Your opinion is not an important one when it comes to people feeling happy with themselves.

I personally don't understand why most guys don't wear makeup. Men literally invented it makeup, and yet they now refuse to wear it. I personally think men look great in makeup, everybody does - that's the point of it.

Bottom line; If a guy wants to wear makeup, it's fine by me. He'll just look even hotter, so I'm not complaining.
Reply 34
I don't see anything wrong with it
I know a lot of guys who use concealers. I personally don't see anything wrong with that
it can only accentuate your looks, if you are ugly or trying to conceal spots, it makes you look worse. it certainly is true for women, so am sure it will be the same for men.
Deffo no (besides slightly dying eye brows/eyelashes if they are skillfully made), it just looks strange to me - here I'm talkig about foundation, powder, blush, highlighter, colourful lipstick and things like this.
(edited 3 years ago)

If you want to look gay then go for it
For all you people saying it's weird for men to wear makeup - why is it that women can wear makeup but men can't? What is it that makes it weird just because it's a man? Makeup doesn't have a gender it's a way of expressing your identity

Quick Reply

Latest