The Student Room Group

"unconditional offer"

hey guys, i hope this is in the right place
so basically I received an unconditional offer for my first choice course and uni after the results from my second last year at school woo:biggrin:
however, I lost all motivation this year and really took it easy as bad as that sounds hahaha. But anyway, I was told one of my teachers phoned my uni and was told that i have to pass my exams this year (2 advanced highers) or my offer becomes void.
I was wondering if anyone would be able to validate this for me?
surely then, the concept of an unconditional offer doesn't exist? Unless, of course it's unconditional provided I actually pass, like i can get any grade as long as it's not a fail
would anyone know anything about this?
thanks guys
x
Reply 1
Pretty sure theyre lying, universities can't just withdraw unconditional offers unless you lied on your application or commit murder or some crazy ****. I also have an unconditional offer to my first choice and am finding myself losing the motivation to revise for my coming exams because i don't even need to pass, but think how bad putting D's and E's on your CV is :frown:
So you still gotta do some work, but the pressures off really :smile:
In my school there have been rumours stating that unconditional offers require that you pass (Even with a D) in all your subjects. Unsure as to whether that applies to highers and advanced highers or just one of them.

It seems feasible, since the university wants to see how your commitment is faring. This is why universities such as St. Andrews and Edinburgh are threatening to revoke offers should a successful candidate withdraw from a 6th year course without informing the uni.

I believe a congratulations is in order though; which university and what course?
Original post by Jakerc1
Pretty sure theyre lying, universities can't just withdraw unconditional offers unless you lied on your application or commit murder or some crazy ****. I also have an unconditional offer to my first choice and am finding myself losing the motivation to revise for my coming exams because i don't even need to pass, but think how bad putting D's and E's on your CV is :frown:
So you still gotta do some work, but the pressures off really :smile:

Yes they can. They can change offers as they see fit so an unconditional doesn't actually mean that you can just sit back and you're guaranteed a place anyway.

You don't need to aim for a specific grade with an unconditional obviously, but if you fail too many classes then they can withdraw the offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Although this may not be the case now, the Government set a 'matriculation level' which is (or maybe was) EE - 2 A-level passes (or 2 passed highers).
The exact minimum u need to go to Uni as you need a feather education qualification to do higher education.
soo ur teacher could well be right, though achieving that shouldn't be to hard.
Yeah I think an unconditional offer is actually EE. But that should be doable, right? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending