The Student Room Group

Welcome to MUN V!

Hello my friends, and welcome to TSR MUN V! I'm your Secretary General for this session, if you have any queries or questions feel free to PM me. Many thanks to my predecessor Apollo for all his hard work and also to the previous encumbrants, Deej, Agent Smith and Nightowl all of whom have built this forum into what it is today.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Below is the updated list of representatives:

Andorra:lodzinski
Argentina: Paddy
Brazil:cjgbr
Belarus:lamenter
Bhutan: Ferrus
China: Craghyrax
Cuba: Ossie1701
Denmark: dismal_laundry
DPRK: Dempy
Egypt:Thirucumaran
Finland: Apollo
France: Brimstone
Germany: philjw
Hungary: Dann
Indonesia: Knogle
Iran: Randdom
Ireland: Jim-me
Israel: Gemgems89
Japan: UnaChance
Kenya: Agamemnon
Lichtenstein: ukebert
Marshall Islands: Helzerel
Monaco: Brady B
New Zealand: danni_bella
Nigeria: The_Bear
Qatar: Nightowl
Russia: Agent Smith
South Korea: butterdori
Sri Lanka: wackysparkle
Switzerland: Elements
Sudan: Epicurus
Syria: 6+6=6
Venezuela: global_warning
Vietnam: Cage
Ukraine: Wootcannon
United Arab Emirates: A Y A Z
United Kingdom: alasdair_R
United States of America: prufrock

If you wish to join the MUN you may do so Here. I will PM you and ask which nation you would like to represent. A list of those availible can be found here. Then all you have to do is PM me your choice and you're good to go!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The current members of the SC are as follows:

P5
China: Craghyrax
France: Brimstone
Russia: Agent Smith
UK: alasdair_R
USA: prufrock

Non Perm
Finland: Apollo
Syria: 6+6=12

The next non-perm election will be held 19th June 2007.

To keep discussion flowing in the MUN, we ask that nations submit resolutions every once and a while. Here is an excellent link provided by Henryt to assit you in writing a resolution.

Current Motions in the Security Council:

Motion Name + Detail + Stage

Resolution 2006/35: Abolishment of the Human Rights Council Passed in GA

Resolution 2006/34: Concerning Human Rights Violations in Myanmar Passed

Resolution 2006/33: Conerning Whaling Passed

Resolution 2006/31: Nuclear threat by the DPRK Passed

Resolution 2006/30- UN name change Failed in the GA

Resolution 2006/29- Concerning the human rights situation in Zimbabwe Passed via HRC

Resolution 2006/28- Concerning the Statement of Sheikh Yusuf Al-Qaradawi Failed due to UK veto

Resolution 2006/27- Concerning the need for a UN peacekeeping force- Failed in the GA

Resolution 2006/26- Concerning the continuing crises in Darfur- Failed

Resolution 2006/25- Establishment of a Human Rights Council- Passed by GA vote

Resolution 2006/24- Human rights abuses in Cuba -Passed via HRC

Resolution 2006/23- Concerning Membership of all Countries- Passed

Resolution 2006/22- Peacekeepers in East Timor- Passed

Resolution SC 2006/21 - Concerning the Lebanon/Israeli Situation - Passed

Resolution 2006/20 - Concerning the Secretary General - Passed

Resolution 2006/19 - Concerning the Necessity for Clocking In and Out of the MUN - Failed

Resolution 2006/18 - Concerning the 'eggs r c00l' Society "Accidentally" lost on the way to the SC

Resolution 2006/17 - The Threat to Peace and Security by the DPRK - Withdrawn In The General Assembly

Resolution 2006/16 - Concerning Concerning the Non-Permanent Members of the Security Council – Passed

Resolution 2006/15 - The Threat to the International Peace in the Korean Peninsula II – Passed

Resolution 2006/14 – Usage of the :rolleyes: Emoticon – Withdrawn In General Assembly

Resolution 2006/13 - The Threat to the International Peace in the Korean Peninsula – Passed

Resolution 2006/12 - Resolution Concerning Brazil-Argentina-Peru Border Dispute – Passed

Resolution 2006/11 – Human Rights Violations In The Republic of Congo – Passed

Resolution 2006/10 - Repeal of Resolution 2006/02 – Passed

Resolution 2006/9 - Resolution Concerning Non-Permanents Members of the Security Council – Passed

Resolution 2006/8 - Human Rights Violations in Mynamar - Failed

Resolution 2006/7 – Concerning the Spread of Bird Flu Withdrawn In The General Assembly

Motion to Impose Sanctions on Iran - Passed

Motion to Impose Sanctions on Belarus - Failed

Motion to Send Peacekeeping Force to Darfur - Passed

Motion to Censure Syria - Passed

Resolution 2006/06 - Resolution Concerning the CIS's Representation in the United Nations – Failed

Resolution 2006/05 - Resolution Concerning ASEAN's Representation in the United Nations - Passed

Resolution 2006/04 - Resolution Concerning The United Nations Independence – Failed

Resolution 2006/03 – Doesn’t exist (One of our more interesting resolutions evidently)

Resolution 2006/02 - Resolution Concerning Restructuring The Membership of the Security Council – Passed

Resolution 2006/01 - Reviewing the Use of Force and the UN Charter – Passed

Motion of No Confidence in the UK Representative - Passed

What are you still reading this for, Get posting. :p:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Welcome to Lilac Glitter our new representative for Ghana :smile:
Reply 2
:hello: Lilac Glitter
Reply 3
Nefarious
Welcome to Lilac Glitter our new representative for Ghana :smile:

Akwaaba! :yy:

[for the uninitiated, that means 'Welcome' in Ghana]
Reply 4
show off! :biggrin:
Reply 5
Welcome Lilac Glitter; enjoy your stay but leave out the controversy if you intend to stay for long. :p:
Reply 6
a fire in the sky
show off! :biggrin:

;danceboy; ;smartass;
Reply 7
Apollo returns to represent Turkmenistan :smile:
Reply 8
:smile:
Reply 9
not confident of the impending russian rep election?
a fire in the sky
not confident of the impending russian rep election?

He pulled out...:s-smilie:
Reply 11
an announcement in the thread would've been appreciated rather than just crossing him out...

Anyway - that does make the decision significantly easier to make.
Reply 12
I announced I was withdrawing in that thread.
Reply 13
ah - my mistake - thought it would've been in its own post, rather than slotted in at the bottom.

Its a sad occurance, but incredibly selfless - good luck with turkwherever :smile:
Reply 14
a fire in the sky
ah - my mistake - thought it would've been in its own post, rather than slotted in at the bottom.

Its a sad occurance, but incredibly selfless - good luck with turkwherever :smile:

Clearly taking your role as an American to heart eh?:p:
Reply 15
Can you personally change your username to something longer so I can mispronounce that too? Considering Apollo is an important term to the USA I can hardly mispronounce that - unless its some dirty slavic variation spelt with lots of e's and u's...
Reply 16
a fire in the sky
Can you personally change your username to something longer so I can mispronounce that too? Considering Apollo is an important term to the USA I can hardly mispronounce that - unless its some dirty slavic variation spelt with lots of e's and u's...

Was considering going for "Magtymguly Pyragy".
Reply 17
murky patty? sounds perfect
Wow this is cool, thankyou for adding me Nefarious :smile:
Reply 19
Welcome to our new representative for Malaysia danni_bella :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending