The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
probably right giggsy. should have tried harder at school.
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Thats rubbish! John moores is a brilliant university, it excells in things such as sports science and phisiotherapy compared to liverpool university. A degree from any university is good..... its the work you put in when your there that counts, a 1st degree from john moores is just as good as a 1st degree from liverpool....after all its the exam boreds that mark work not the uni. I got into liverpool, durham, newcastle, leeds and jmu and i went to jmu because it was better for my course and im having the time of my life!
Reply 3
People that go to the uni will tell you its fab, pretty much everyone else wont. Its ur choice mate, who do you believe?

Its true though. Liverpool Uni is a redbrick uni and overall is regarded more highly than LJM. But it depends on your course, some unis are better than others in certain areas.
Reply 4
Liverpool is a better Uni, but that's because it is a redbrick and is an older uni, so it does the more advanced subjects such as medicine and physics.

Don't listen to people who say you won't get a job though, you're just as likely to find employment as someone at Liverpool Uni.
Reply 5
Liverpol John Moores is a gud uni and most people jus presume that becoz its not the 'university of...' its not any good. I think you should come to an open day and see for yourself.dont let other people persuade you/change your mind
Reply 6
It all depends on the course, Liverpool is better for maybe the traditional subjects, e.g maths, english, medicine etc.

But LJM is a lot better than Liverpool in subjects like sports science and psychology.

Both are good unis, depending on the subject :smile:
LJMU has one of the highest rates in the country for ex-polys in terms of graduate employment success so don't worry :smile:
They are really good for newer more innovative subjects
Reply 8
"Id rather be a poly than a ****"...
Reply 9
Going of the times league table, jmu is below liverpool hope lol
Reply 10
Its not like the times league table is the word of god :P
I'm doing International Business Studies and French.

I'd say that Business course is of high quality (Watch it if you do or did Financial Accounting for Business, though - it goes at twice breakneck speed!)!

As far as I'm concerned, the accommodation's cheap, most of the people I've spoken to have been OK and the course is pretty well right for me!
Liverpool uni is better at the average subjects such as maths medicine sciences
But Jmu has excellendant courses in other subjects such as law and phsychology (sp)
Reply 13
So depends on your course my twin predicted three a's at alevel ded clever she will get the grades no doubt and she going 2 go 2 LJMs as its the best place for the course business n pa.
N emo its psychology
Hi Im Startin Uni In Sept 2007 And I Was Just Wondering If Anyone Could Tell Me What The Teaching Course At John Moores Is Like??
Some people have very snobbish attitudes towards ex-polytechnics and they really should be ignored! JMU will never be considered prestigious like the university of Liverpool, but at least it's not stuck up! And anyway a first from JMU is as good as a first from most places :smile:
Reply 16
Well I've looked around a load of unis and v few of them seemed as nice as JMU. Liverpool is a great city and either uni is fine, but from what I could see JMU is more relaxed and not as uptight as Uni of Liverpool. Depends what your looking for, it's down to you cos your the one who has to live with that choice for the next 3 years.
Reply 17
I got an offer from LJM for International business studies and Japanese. Does anyone know how good this university is? Especially in comparison to Birmingham university?

Latest

Trending

Trending