The Student Room Group

I don't think I would have enough funds to pay the deposit and advance rent

for my accommodation in yr 2. Basically, the tenancy starts in July. If we accept the tenancy with my other flatmates, I have to pay an agency fees of £160, and then i have two months from then to pay the deposit which is 2400/4 = 600, and half the rent for july and aug which is 825+825=1650 in advance. I am a commuter atm and have been getting a student loan, but I don't think I would be left with much after paying for all this. Should I inform the student finance that my living status changes from July. Do you think they will help me in this situation?
Theres a possibility they d increase your april loan allowance if your circumstances change before september,its always worth trying i guess
No, student finance won't help you. You'll have to use your overdraft. Although if you are no longer living with your parents, you will get more money for next.

Also, you are paying a hell of a lot. Are you in London? Or renting a luxury house?
Reply 3
Original post by nothepreacher
and half the rent for july and aug which is 825+825=1650 in advance.

That sounds very odd. More likely you're just paying for the whole of July in advance.
Do you have an overdraft? If so I recommend using that, that's what I used to pay house fees upfront. As for other options I don't think student finance will help, there is a possibility they might if you move in july since it's part of this academic year but I'm unsure if they will up your april payment. Best to ring them and find out.
Original post by SophieSmall
Do you have an overdraft? If so I recommend using that, that's what I used to pay house fees upfront. As for other options I don't think student finance will help, there is a possibility they might if you move in july since it's part of this academic year but I'm unsure if they will up your april payment. Best to ring them and find out.

How did you pay the overdraft back and in what time?
And if you don't mind disclosing, how much of your overdraft did you use?
Original post by nothepreacher
How did you pay the overdraft back and in what time?
And if you don't mind disclosing, how much of your overdraft did you use?

My student finance paid my overdraft back when it came in in September. I got about £800 into my overdraft over summer. That was from housing costs and general summer expensed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending