The Student Room Group

Loughborough vs Lancaster for Management

I need to choose between Loughborough and Lancaster for my firm choice. I'm mostly interested in which one is better in terms of career prospects, but student life is also a factor for me.

I should mention that I do not participate in any sports, other than weightlifting as a hobby, therefore the fact that Loughborough is regarded as a "sports" university isn't a factor in my choice.

Any help would be very much appreciated!
Reply 1
Bump!
Reply 2
I am a first year student at Loughborough University- I do not do any AU sport, I only go to the gym. There are so so many people that do not do sport here so that does not matter!
I get emails every week about what companies will be on campus and what internships are available for the holidays. It also has many opportunities for volunteering projects and part time jobs on campus. The university looks to make everyones CV as good as it can be. I have lectures on my timetable on how to write CVs and what employers are looking for. I believe a placement year is compulsory for management, Loughborough is very well connected with businesses such as Bank of England, Mars, Accenture, Deloitte, Goldman Sachs. Students have also been told that these companies look for Loughborough students because they know we do volunteering, sport etc.
Also, social life, there is a place to go every night i believe. However opinions vary- there are people like me that are happy to just go to the union 2/3 times a week while i have friends who say they are bored of the union and go to the different clubs and bars throughout the week. However at the union there are different rooms for different music tastes so there should be something for you :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Loughborough is a good uni, but the Business School at Lancaster is better recognized in international rankings (FT for example).
My opinion is that Loughborough is a better university, for that course as well in terms of prospects. Loughborough is looked at by the top employers. As well as that, it is closer to London which definitely helps a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending