The Student Room Group

Should I be worried about my boyfriend and this girl?

Scroll to see replies

Don't worry, it'll just take some time for the tiny bits of feelings that you have to fade away, and you can do whatever you want to get to the right outcome, which it seems you have done so.
Yeah.. I suppose a part of me still wished we could be friends, despite advice given to me and everything that's happened. It's not just with him ,with a previous ex-bf, it ended on fairly good terms and I would've liked to stay friends, we did for a little, then he started going out with someone else and starting ignoring my messages ,though it's understandable.
I just have to tell myself that he probably doesn't care about me. Despite what he said, he's not interested in keeping in touch by email or catching up if I ever visit there. I don't know if he did mean those things and has now changed his mind, or whether he just said it as consolation.
Either way, you're completely right. I do not need him in my life.. I have no interest in meeting other guys and don't feel at all ready for a new relationship, bur i'm happy with being single. Thanks for your wishes:smile:
Have just re-read all of the posts, and it's now clear to me how much of a pushover and doormat I was, and how bad the relationship was. I don't know why I wasn't more assertive and why I allowed all that to happen. Even when we were on the break I think he was still using me sexually. I feel like an idiot now and I wish I'd just realised it all earlier. All his later actions were out of guilt and he doesn't really give a toss about me, he's out with his more 'interesting and exciting' girl having the time of his life now.
I was an idiot for believing we could be friends. I hope I won't ever have to post here again but I can say for sure that i'll never contact him again and while I still wish him well, that's it.
Original post by thisistheend
Why is it not. If the OP is hotter, than either she has nothing to worry about or she could get better or at least as good as the current bf.

If the OP is not hotter or more worringly uglier, she should indeed be worried now that the bf has had a taste of better.

You're the sort of person that makes me facepalm.
Original post by Anonymous
You're the sort of person that makes me facepalm.

Because I'm totally right and no ****s are given when I want to tell the truth to people?
Reply 325
He's said in the past stuff like he doesn't understand why guys and girls cannot just be friends. I agree with him, but I think there are limits. It's that thing that hurts me, the fact they they seem to have more chemistry. He can't even spend hours in a bar with me, lol.

The thing is, I'm quite calm, reserved, laid back and I try not to be gossipy, mean etc. I think my personality annoys him really. He hasn't even told me a single nice thing she's ever said or done either. Usually she's said something about someone else, and apparently she was rude to a homeless person :s

I also saw that he'd searched her on facebook. He told me a few months back that she really has never seemed into him at all, and that's why i feel bad for saying this, but I know feelings can change....

It doesn't sound to me like you two are even matched anymore. I was cool with everything you were saying until you said he wouldn't even go to a bar with you - doesn't that imply that he would actually rather spend time with her? The lying isn't great but it sounds more like cowardice than anything untoward. Having said that though, cowardice is unattractive and slimy so I don't know how you feel about that. It sounds like you are more mature and in a better place than him, mentally, anyway and you should find someone that isn't out smoking cannabis with other girls, but is with you doing things you (and he) like to do. :smile:
One thing im confused about is that the posts are by 3 different people. Why doesnt she keep it on one account?
Reply 327
Sorry OP. I didn't realise so much had happened! "I don't think we will ever contact each other again. We're not friends and we're not going to be. I'm annoyed at myself that a little part of me still has something for him, but I can see at the same time that he hasn't changed, and that we should not be talking. Thanks for all of the other replies."
That shows that you have come so far from where you were in May! It was good of you to try and stay amicable, but I hope this has maybe helped you so that next time, if there is one, you will be able to see the signs far sooner and protect yourself more. (I didn't mean for that to sound patronising! Sorry if it does.)
Original post by Kholmes1
One thing im confused about is that the posts are by 3 different people. Why doesnt she keep it on one account?

I was literally about to comment that :'D

Anyways,
You made the right decision - it makes me angry that this guy thinks he can do better. If this girl looks like a "film star" and is willing to come between two people- she ain't the type of girl who will settle down for him. She'll start having fun with others and leave him. Then he'll be lonely. I know people say to concentrate on yourself after a break up - but girl go out to clubs or bars with or without mates and have fun and flirt for frinkin England.

Using my own situation- which was ages ago- but when I broke up with my first ex I felt like my life was s*** and never wanted to date or leave my room again. I would text him how much I missed him and that we should meet up and he'd be out with a group of girls. Eventually I deleted his number because it was the only way I could stop. I put all pictures in a folder on my laptop and deleted them off my phone. A couple of months later I met this guy who made me laugh all the time! Started dating after about 3 months and now its over 2 years (and I'm happier than ever). I hope you see what Im trying to say.

Honestly I wanted to cry reading this because it was so hard for you. The last thing now is just to delete his email and start having fun. You are an amazing and strong person for leaving him and I wish you the best for whatever comes next (:
Hey :smile: I just post in anonymous automatically lol just out of habit, but this is the account I use :smile: Thanks a lot for these latest replies, they make me feel better :smile: It doesn't sound patronising at all! Yeah, thankfully things are a lot different since this all happened, and I'm living a completely different life now :smile: I thought recently that I was completely over him, but I guess I'm not.. I will be though :smile:
Because I'm totally right and no ****s are given when I want to tell the truth to people?

No cos what you said was rude, shallow, disgusting and completley UNhelpful - try writing something supportive and empathetic next time to someone who clearly needed support. Don't try to pretend your giving tough love when you just will have made her feel worse about herself.
Original post by nobodycarescarla
I was literally about to comment that :'D

Anyways,
You made the right decision - it makes me angry that this guy thinks he can do better. If this girl looks like a "film star" and is willing to come between two people- she ain't the type of girl who will settle down for him. She'll start having fun with others and leave him. Then he'll be lonely. I know people say to concentrate on yourself after a break up - but girl go out to clubs or bars with or without mates and have fun and flirt for frinkin England.

Using my own situation- which was ages ago- but when I broke up with my first ex I felt like my life was s*** and never wanted to date or leave my room again. I would text him how much I missed him and that we should meet up and he'd be out with a group of girls. Eventually I deleted his number because it was the only way I could stop. I put all pictures in a folder on my laptop and deleted them off my phone. A couple of months later I met this guy who made me laugh all the time! Started dating after about 3 months and now its over 2 years (and I'm happier than ever). I hope you see what Im trying to say.

Honestly I wanted to cry reading this because it was so hard for you. The last thing now is just to delete his email and start having fun. You are an amazing and strong person for leaving him and I wish you the best for whatever comes next (:

Yes, but he'll had the experience of being with a girl who looks like a film star. It drives up his cred and game.
Original post by Mazzy95
No cos what you said was rude, shallow, disgusting and completley UNhelpful - try writing something supportive and empathetic next time to someone who clearly needed support. Don't try to pretend your giving tough love when you just will have made her feel worse about herself.

Welcome to the desert of the real.

I wouldn't know how to give love any other way if it slapped me in the face.
This is a female colleague of the same age (early 20s) who he's known for about a year now and sees pretty much every day at work. They don't work in the same dept. but he wants to move to hers because the people are funner in his opinion. However, they take smoking breaks together and eat lunch in a group.

In terms of personality, she seems very outgoing, bubbly, jokey, and a party animal. They both like to drink and smoke (including cannabis) but I'm quite different myself.
For quite a few months now, they (including her) have been going out drinking on Friday nights after work. He usually came back by midnight, never really later, and always texted me(even though I never asked him or expected him to)

So last time when he arrived at 7am after giving me no news whatsoever (i'd been trying to call and such) you can imagine my panic. He told me that they had been at her place (but as a large group) for 5 hours because she lives quite close. I found out a week later that he'd been lying and that it'd been just the 2 of them for 5 hours (he'd told his friends this but not me). He tried to reassure me that there was nothing to worry about, it was just friendly etc. and I felt better.

He talks a lot about her, it sounds like they have a lot of banter and they're constantly teasing each other. He is always smiling and laughing when he talks about her and tells me a joke she said or something like that. They went out as a group on Friday. I had gone to bed at midnight, and was awoken at 2am by him coming in. He came into the room and told me that she was in the living room, because she 'couldn't get back' (I later found out that this was a lie too) and that she'd get a taxi back soon.

I was half asleep and in pjyamas so did not want to go out, but could hear them talking and laughing. An hour later they left, and he came back alone 2 hours later. Apparently they'd been on a walk and had gotten something to eat.

I tried to not seem jealous; asked questions about her etc. and I asked whether I would meet her (he said, maybe). And again he had lots of funny stuff to tell me about her.
I just don't see it necessary for him to be inviting her alone for a few hours, especially when i'm in bed. They have just spent 8 hours togrether at a bar. Physically, I've seen pics of her and she's his type. Recently we've had a lot of problems and really bad arguments, and he's not as affectionate. He told me it maybe wasn't working out.

I'm scared he is into this girl and vice versa. Do you think I am over reacting? Does it sound suspicious? Thanks

Let me put it like this....

If there were something to worry about such as he may leave you for her then what would you do about it?

If your answer is stop him from seeing her then that is a sure fire way to break the trust in a relationship and possibly lead to a breakup because that is what relationships are built upon.

In my opinion you should do nothing. Trust him and work on your own relationship making it a happy one and he won't go elsewhere.

If he posed the same question to me I would give the same advice.

Would you be happy if I gave him this advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey, yeah I had initially thought I was just being jealous and over-reacting, but finally he got with her and they're still together now, but I know we weren't meant to be together and this is all for the best :smile:
Yes, but he'll had the experience of being with a girl who looks like a film star. It drives up his cred and game.

Excuse me whilist I go throw up. You won't get an extra star on your McDonalds badge for dating someone who looks like a film star.

*edit*
Now I know how to get to level 10 prestige on COD.
(edited 8 years ago)
Welcome to the desert of the real.

I wouldn't know how to give love any other way if it slapped me in the face.

Maybe stay off threads like this then? There are plenty of other bitter and cruel people online, go and join in with their meaningless conversations.
These things rarely end well (on his part) I give the relationship another 4 months before it all comes crashing down. I wish you all the best!
personally get rid of him the move on, i broke up with my boyfriend and he got with my best friend (they'd always been very close when we were still together which i didn't like but said they were just friends) afterwards. you deserve better, get out whilst you can!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending