The Student Room Group

2015 RCA vs UAL Chelsea for MA Fine art

Hello guys,:smile:

I'm a international applicant for MA.
Recently,I've got 2 admission letter from UAL Chelsea and RCA,which offered me MA Fine art and MA Painting degree places.

I really thrilled about the result,but it really confused me gradually...
I love the reputation of RCA, but it cost double time and over triple fees with Chelsea.

RCA £55,800 (2 years) (Overseas Students)

UAL Chelsea £18,000 (1 year) (Overseas Students)

It's a really huge difference between these school.
Fees are an issue for me,and I have to get a loan from a Bank while I study MA degree.
So,I need to consider the employment potential between after graduate from school.

Is it RCA a good choice for looking a job (i.g.design) after graduate even I don't have the "MA design" degree but only a MA Fine art degree?

Or,Chelsea is a good enough choice for a graduate?

--------------------------------------
Sorry about my poor English.I hope I can explain my issue in a decent language...:frown:

P.S. Here's my painting works website:
http://cargocollective.com/syj

P.S.S. I haven't received the official pdf from RCA yet...
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Hi!
I have the same issue just like you,
After went to UAL admission seminar, I decide to go to RCA...

Did you received your official form ?
Reply 2
Hi Jamie!
What do you major in? painting too?
What point made you decide between these 2 school?
I do love the professor & the courses in both school, but I couldn't find a certainly factor to decide it...

I've received the official form,and they agree to extend the deposit deadline to end of May.
Reply 3
Hi YvesI have a similar situation, I have a place at CSM and at RCA. Could you please tell me what did you decided and how was your experience? I am going to start this fall and know about your experience would be very grateful.
Original post by esteba
Hi YvesI have a similar situation, I have a place at CSM and at RCA. Could you please tell me what did you decided and how was your experience? I am going to start this fall and know about your experience would be very grateful.

Hello!
I was admitted to both RCA and CSM, so I found your thread.. :smile:
can I ask you what did you choose in the end and why? are you happy about it?
thanks x
Original post by yves
Hi Jamie!
What do you major in? painting too?
What point made you decide between these 2 school?
I do love the professor & the courses in both school, but I couldn't find a certainly factor to decide it...

I've received the official form,and they agree to extend the deposit deadline to end of May.

Hello!
I am in the same situation you were an year ago. Can I ask you what did you decide and why? :smile:
Reply 6
what did you choose in the end? would be very helpful
Reply 7
same please, what did you choose and why?

Original post by play_read_love
Hello!
I am in the same situation you were an year ago. Can I ask you what did you decide and why? :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by play_read_love
Hello!
I was admitted to both RCA and CSM, so I found your thread.. :smile:
can I ask you what did you choose in the end and why? are you happy about it?
thanks x

I too got into CSM and RCA— would you have an answer for me as to what you picked?

Quick Reply

Latest