The Student Room Group

Did not revise got A/A*s...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by langlitz
Lol. You don't even use calculus in A level, not proper maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes you do, while it may not be advanced compared to whatever you do at uni, i can tell you while sat in front of a STEP differential equations question that you do use calculus
Original post by Zeetingman
Depends on the subject. A subject like RE I revised in 2 days, my recent mock I just skim read a textbook during the line up and probably will still get an A*.
no re revision for mocks, got 100 % 😂😂😂
Original post by sumi99
Is 4 weeks enough for gcse 5 hours a day from now till May 11th?

woah 5!? Pretty sure you'll get burnt out really quickly if you're doing that much. What about days there is school? Personally if I get 2 on a school day and 3-4 on a day off school then i'm pleased
Tbh GCSEs are piss, you dont need to go overboard with revision to get decent grade. A levels are the ones you should be properly revising for...
Original post by UT97
Didnt really revise for gcses- just read revision guides day before exams, came out with 10A*s and 2 As. Had i done the same for AS physics and economics i would not have gotten away with it. Fortunately, i revised for those and as a result got straight As

I wish I was that clever

What were your average grades before gcses
Reply 45
So it seems like GCSEs are 'piss' and A-Levels are the ones worth revising for or may just be peoples ability...
A-Levels are so much harder than GCSE's!! I'm taking an IT A-Level as well as my GCSE's and I have to work so much harder than in my other subjects to understand the content and do well!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _Francis
woah 5!? Pretty sure you'll get burnt out really quickly if you're doing that much. What about days there is school? Personally if I get 2 on a school day and 3-4 on a day off school then i'm pleased

Yeah but only to compensate for not starting my revision earlier .... I'm expected 7 A*s so I think it lift be neccessary
If you get all A*/A with no revision, then a bit of revision could have got you all (or almost all) A* instead. If you get all A* without revision, then fair enough, there is no point in revising for that particular exam. However, bearing in mind that these exams can determine the path of your life for the next few decades (A levels moreso than GCSEs but still), it is probably worth doing some revision.
Got 9A* and an A a few years ago with little to no revision apart from on the day/the night before
Reply 50
It is absolutely worth revising at GCSE. You may feel you can get 'good' grades without putting any work in, but 'good' can be made 'great' by putting in the hours. Even if you feel you don't need to, it's great to get into good habits for A-Levels and beyond. Don't be arrogant - short term pain for long term gain, which you'll be glad of later.
Original post by Star Light
If you get all A*/A with no revision, then a bit of revision could have got you all (or almost all) A* instead. If you get all A* without revision, then fair enough, there is no point in revising for that particular exam. However, bearing in mind that these exams can determine the path of your life for the next few decades (A levels moreso than GCSEs but still), it is probably worth doing some revision.

Yeah I would revise. I didn't do much work and came out with 11a* one A but it did make it more stressful having to revise everything the day before by reading cgp/the textbook.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
Original post by sumi99
I wish I was that clever

What were your average grades before gcses

What average grades?
Original post by UT97
What average grades?

what grades were you getting before you sat your gcses
Reply 54
Like mocks? I was getting A*s
Reply 55
Original post by German123
Revision is key regardless of ability.

yo ur hype u need to revise to get good grades
Reply 56
am brighter and more sophisticated than u
Didn't learn anything in 80% of my classes because my school was so noisy and then from Easter onwards I remember learning one exam material a day. Had like 22 days and 24 exams or something. Didn't do brilliant tbh, think it was my exam technique more than anything because I didn't know how to revise. Ended up with 1A*, 8As and 2Bs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by asjaid
yo ur hype u need to revise to get good grades

That is basically what my post meant.
Original post by JohnLE
Who on here did not revise for their GCSEs and got mainly As and A*s (minimum Bs and above)?

I got an A* in my chemistry ISA without revising for it

Quick Reply

Latest