The Student Room Group

Most girls date tall guys?

Is what I can see from that thread on ur height and height on your partner. Why?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Stupid social standards

Spoiler

I don't think that it matters too much how tall is either of the partners. (you don't 'have to comply' with the social standards)
Reply 3
I don't date guys according to how well they fit in with the expected social standards...
*Tall lad checks in* Well hello ladies :colonhash:
It's evolutionary, girls want guys who can protect and generally speaking height is a good indicator of strength and so if you're stringer you can protect your girl better
Reply 6
Idk...for me, it's just like anything else which people may find attractive. Like some people like their partner to have nice eyes, some people like them to be tall. I don't think it's essential though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Meduza
I don't date guys according to how well they fit in with the expected social standards...

ur bf is 6'3?
Reply 8
Taller than me is okay. Dont have to be exceptionally tall
Most guys date short girls*
Well I'm tall as I'm nearly 6ft and I couldn't imagine dating a guy shorter than me. I just wouldn't feel comfortable around them. And let's face it. It just looks awkward when a tall girl dates a short guy. But it's just my opinion

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, it's kind of statistically unavoidable considering that guys are taller than girls?
It's not really a choice of 'I will only date tall guys' it's just what you personally find attractive, and yes girls (in general - not always) are more attracted to guys who are tall/taller than them, while others are attracted to guys with blue eyes or brown hair. It's not really a conscious choice, it's just a preference
Reply 13
No most girls don't date tall guys, but most girls definitely prefer us tall guys. Most guys are not tall though so most girls will have to settle for average or short guys.
Reply 14
I like tall guys. All the guys I've dated have been tall. The man I'm in love with is almost a foot taller than me :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
It's evolutionary, girls want guys who can protect and generally speaking height is a good indicator of strength and so if you're stringer you can protect your girl better

Don't pull that evolutionary crap, that's not really relevant in today's society, one because people don't really need to be protectors, two because short people can also fight very, very well.

May aswell say, evolutionary speaking, the males role is to hunt for food. Do you hunt for food my friend?

Original post by Viridiana
Well, it's kind of statistically unavoidable considering that guys are taller than girls?

They mean taller than average, like 6'+

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
It's a preference like all other preferences idk why this is even an issue. Some do some don't.
I just have a thing for tall guys tbh..
I dunno, people say that but as a 5'7 guy I've never had any problems, I think in practice as long as they're not taller than you (or too much taller) it's not going to make much difference.
Original post by reallydontknow
Don't pull that evolutionary crap, that's not really relevant in today's society, one because people don't really need to be protectors, two because short people can also fight very, very well.

May aswell say, evolutionary speaking, the males role is to hunt for food. Do you hunt for food my friend?
Posted from TSR Mobile

You misunderstand, women don't think about evolution when picking a guy, it's ingrained into their minds like how to care for a child. It's on a subconscious level they're thinking about being protected.

Why do you think males have significantly grown taller in the last hundred years? It's still totally relevant in today's society, you don't think a women can get assaulted or mugged still? They still need men to protect them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending