The Student Room Group

Who believes sex should be after marriage

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dirtybit
There's 100s of these threads.

and this one is 101
counting...........
Original post by Eveiebaby
Nice that you only spoke about promiscuity in terms of women. Speaks volumes about your attitude.

Besides I'd rather be with someone who had experience and STILL prefer being with me rather than someone not knowing any better through inexperience. I don't understand why people think that casual sex=inability to commit. It just sounds insecure to me. Oh god, she can't possibly be with anyone else but me...what if she compares me to her other lovers and it's revealed I'm **** in bed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes because the study highlighted divorce by women are higher if they have had more than one partner
I will look at this study when I get the opportunity but does it mention mem divorcing women or the reasons for divorce?

Having a long marriage does not necessarily mean a happy marriage especially if you take into consideration the stigma of divorce and lack of self sufficiency for women in some cultures which may cause them to put up with abusive/adulterous behaviours.

You have to look at the "why's before you draw inferences. Statistics alone do not paint a meaningful picture.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ElectronDonor
any opinions welcome

nah i dont
Reply 24
I don't think t here should be any marriage at all. It costs money and gives zero advantages which cannot be gained from a civil partnership. Marriage is fine if you are rich and see it as a fun event.
I believe in at least waiting for someone special, not necessarily within marriage.
Why are people so hung up about sex, virgins and marriage?

It's a tad creepy tbh.
Not after marriage but after a few months, this way people know they arnt are not being used for sex.
Original post by AuC
I don't think t here should be any marriage at all. It costs money and gives zero advantages which cannot be gained from a civil partnership. Marriage is fine if you are rich and see it as a fun event.

What about bringing up a mans children? I dont want to bring one up by myself.
Reply 29
Original post by Redfrost
What about bringing up a mans children? I dont want to bring one up by myself.

Then don't have children after a month of knowing a guy? You're supposed to be and live together for several years before having children but I understand today people just get kids after a couple of months because of how empty and pathetic their lives are.
Original post by Eveiebaby
I will look at this study when I get the opportunity but does it mention mem divorcing women or the reasons for divorce?

Having a long marriage does not necessarily mean a happy marriage especially if you take into consideration the stigma of divorce and lack of self sufficiency for women in some cultures which may cause them to put up with abusive/adulterous behaviours.

You have to look at the "why's before you draw inferences. Statistics alone do not paint a meaningful picture.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think those studies are being manipulated to reveal women in a bad position, whereas men (even though sometimes are worse than animals) arebeing brought up into the spotlight. I'm not taking sides here. Let's just be fair. Nobody is perfect, and these so called 'studies' are nothing else than mass manipulating tools.
I'm waiting until I'm married or at least in a long term relationship- When I marry someone I'll marry the right person who I want to stay with and have sex with and when I'm in a long term relationship I will have probably met the right person but I'll have to be careful with that. I'm not having sex with people who I don't have a long term relationship planned at least- it would be pointless to have sex if your not committed to a partner.
Reply 32
I wouldn't wait until I have married someone when there is a chance you aren't sexually compatible.
lol I believe sex significantly decreases after marriage.
Except maybe in the honeymoon phase. For those who do honeymoons.
Original post by andrei_24c
I think those studies are being manipulated to reveal women in a bad position, whereas men (even though sometimes are worse than animals) arebeing brought up into the spotlight. I'm not taking sides here. Let's just be fair. Nobody is perfect, and these so called 'studies' are nothing else than mass manipulating tools.

Marriage matters, not just to the individual and family but also to society.
sex has consequences and shouldn't be taken lightly, nobody is saying that people should be perfect it is a well regarded study raising awareness.
It's not that I "don't believe in sex after marriage". It's just not for me. :smile: Personally, I won't have sex with a guy until I feel like I've known him well enough and trust him enough - usually no less than 2-3 months. I'm not deliberately trying to be a ****-tease. I don't mind oral sex after a few weeks but it took me 2 months of being with my current bf before we did anything more than oral. Sorry if this information is burning anyones' eyeballs! :tongue:

I believe in waiting till the time is right for both of you - whether that's a week, a month, a year, after marriage... whatever feels right. If your religion prevents you from having sex till marriage, that's a perfectly fine reason too. I think it's obviously subjective... no right or wrong opinion really...

Just saw that I commented on this thread before but... yes, I agree with the guy who said that sexual compatibilty might be a reasonable argument for sex before marriage. Each to their own, but that would be another reason for me. Marriage would be too important for me so I'd need to make sure that we are compatible in every way before "signing up".
Original post by Anonymous

Studies have shown definitive correlation between number of sexual partners and divorce rates.

Correlation does not infer causation. So it may well be true that divorcees had casual sex, but there is no evidence to suggest that having casual sex causes you to end up divorced. Unless of course that the studies you refer to were conducted using a blinded randomised controlled sample... which I doubt.
(edited 9 years ago)
Anyone who believes sex before marriage should not be an issue which is taken seriously, is clearly part of the problem nowadays as a result of the promotion of promiscuity through the increased acceptance of contraception etc. If you love someone enough to get married to them, then whats the harm in waiting until after marriage to do the deed? just saying.. But i guess if you haven't found God yet then your not going to care.
Original post by Koolboyb
Anyone who believes sex before marriage should not be an issue which is taken seriously, is clearly part of the problem nowadays as a result of the promotion of promiscuity through the increased acceptance of contraception etc. If you love someone enough to get married to them, then whats the harm in waiting until after marriage to do the deed? just saying.. But i guess if you haven't found God yet then your not going to care.

You seem to be suggesting that sex before marriage is part of some societal problem. So are you saying that ALL people who only engage in sex after marriage are all perfect individuals, who don't lie to their partners or have extra marital affairs? All of them?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending