The Student Room Group

Who believes sex should be after marriage

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ByEeek
You seem to be suggesting that sex before marriage is part of some societal problem. So are you saying that ALL people who only engage in sex after marriage are all perfect individuals, who don't lie to their partners or have extra marital affairs? All of them?

why are you making it a deal of all or nothing
I only want to have it with one guy - the man I l lose my virginity to would hopefully be the same man I marry. Wouldn't want to rush into it either, like my friend who only waited a month of being with her boyfriend before they did it. I'd like to wait til marriage, or pretty close to it, but doesn't seem like there are many people willing to! I'd want to wait for me, rather than for religious reasons though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I agree wholeheartedly that sex should be after marriage. Yes, I am a 20 year old virgin who's never kissed a guy before (and yes, I'm religious) but I seriously believe that I'll find the right guy one day, settle down and things will take it's place from there. The idea of being that vulnerable to somebody who I could break up with and never see again is too painful. That being said, just because it's the choice that I've made doesn't mean that I'm going to judge anybody who has sex before marriage. I've got enough on my plate with uni as it is; acting all "holier than thou" is way too stressful.
who the hell marries someone without even having had sex with them :lolwut:
Nah try it before you buy it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
why are you making it a deal of all or nothing

My umbridge isn't with people who choose to have sex only in marriage. That is their choice. I do however have a problem with folks who point the finger at people who choose promiscuity and then blame that on the ills of society.
Reply 46
Original post by ByEeek
My umbridge isn't with people who choose to have sex only in marriage. That is their choice. I do however have a problem with folks who point the finger at people who choose promiscuity and then blame that on the ills of society.

This this this.

Personally, I believe in finding out if you're sexually compatible with someone before marrying them - I see no harm in having a few different sexual partners in life. That being said, I feel like casual sex/ONSs aren't for me, because I'd like to make a connection with someone before sleeping with them. But I know that's my personal choice and I have no problem with people who either want to wait or want to have casual sex. It's their choice and there's no point in demonising them for it.
The real issue are those who make a personal choice regarding their own sex lives - ie to wait - and expect everyone else to go along with it too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
The experiences would make you greedy to have more sex with others and make you less happy once married.
Also casual sex is still a society issue of the western nation, the stigma of casual sex/many partners pre marriage exists in most other parts of the world who value the traditional relationship, marriage, family set up.

Studies have shown definitive correlation between number of sexual partners and divorce rates. It’s not the sex, specifically, that makes certain women bad relationship and marriage material. It’s the type of woman they are. Promiscuous sex is a symptom of the fact that these women are poor relationship prospects. Not the cause. (Teachman, 2003)

Anywho, marriage is on the decline these days since it's culturally more acceptable to have pre-marital shared living arrangements.

I lost all interest in what you were saying when you started blaming "de vimmin"

anyway im all in favour of sex after marriage. But im also in favour of sex before marriage as well.

Honestly i wouldnt date someone who didnt want sex until after marriage
Original post by boods8897
I only want to have it with one guy - the man I l lose my virginity to would hopefully be the same man I marry. Wouldn't want to rush into it either, like my friend who only waited a month of being with her boyfriend before they did it. I'd like to wait til marriage, or pretty close to it, but doesn't seem like there are many people willing to! I'd want to wait for me, rather than for religious reasons though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

but what if you end up getting divorced or he dies?

Will you never have sex or a relationship again?
Original post by silverbolt
but what if you end up getting divorced or he dies?

Will you never have sex or a relationship again?

That's different though. I would hope never to divorce, but in the case of my husband dying then yeah remarry.
I just mean I don't want to have a string of sexual partners who meant nothing. I feel like it's sort of like the person I give myself to completely should be someone I'd stay with forever, otherwise it just becomes meaningless. Plus there's always the risk of pregnancy and I don't want children before marriage.
That's different though. I would hope never to divorce, but in the case of my husband dying then yeah remarry.
I just mean I don't want to have a string of sexual partners who meant nothing. I feel like it's sort of like the person I give myself to completely should be someone I'd stay with forever, otherwise it just becomes meaningless. Plus there's always the risk of pregnancy and I don't want children before marriage.

Genuine question this - what if you marry and have sex for the first time and it is rubbish. Or he is a selfish lover, in it for himself expecting you to lie back and think about doing the ironing? I really don't understand why sex is such a taboo subject or held in high regard. The reality is that it is jolly good fun and a neat (well pretty messy actually) way of making babies.
Original post by ByEeek
Genuine question this - what if you marry and have sex for the first time and it is rubbish. Or he is a selfish lover, in it for himself expecting you to lie back and think about doing the ironing? I really don't understand why sex is such a taboo subject or held in high regard. The reality is that it is jolly good fun and a neat (well pretty messy actually) way of making babies.

Honestly? I have no idea. Maybe it'll be different once I'm actually in a relationship, but it always just seemed like it would be so awkward if you broke up with someone and had to still see them, knowing that you'd slept with them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
but it always just seemed like it would be so awkward if you broke up with someone and had to still see them, knowing that you'd slept with them.Posted from TSR Mobile

It is. Very awkward. But then life wouldn't be interesting if some of it wasn't slightly awkward some of the time. I get over the awkwardness by not seeing my ex partners. It is a good strategy.
Original post by Koolboyb
Anyone who believes sex before marriage should not be an issue which is taken seriously, is clearly part of the problem nowadays as a result of the promotion of promiscuity through the increased acceptance of contraception etc. If you love someone enough to get married to them, then whats the harm in waiting until after marriage to do the deed? just saying.. But i guess if you haven't found God yet then your not going to care.

i think you forget that sex is primarily to make babies and maintain the population. In fact, it has nothing to do with love, women should choose "best genes possible" like animals do.
Secondly, like everyone before said. You may love someone but sex with them might be **** as hell, and what then? And I guarantee you, you don't need any previous partners to realise sex isn't that great. This then leads to unhappy marriage, cheating and eventually divorce.

And God has nothing to do with it. A book written by a bunch of guys centuries ago shouldn't determine your life. A religion that doesn't adjust to current world is detrimental for everyone who believe in it.
I believe that we should not have sex before marriage. I am religious, however that is not my only reason for believing in abstinence;
people would focus more on developing a closer, non-physical bond before marriage; there is, of course, the risk of pregnancy and also we should remain pure for the one we do eventually marry.

In reply to those who say we should 'try before we buy', surely two people who are enough in love with each other to get married would be able to work towards better sex once they were married.
Original post by ByEeek

Babies are made in the painful body wrecking 9 months of pregnancy, its only a neat way for thd man : (

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending