The Student Room Group

What is the hardest A lvel?

Hardest A level out of the ones you are doing? Which one would you perceive to be the hardest of those that you are not doing?

Scroll to see replies

http://www.score-education.org/media/3194/relativedifficulty.pdf

They've tried to remove the bias of a scientist preferring science a levels and an arts person preferring English and the like. It's quite accurate.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
I think my hardest a level is psychology.. like I do Maths, Chemistry and Biology aswell but I find them quite easy but I stuggleee with psychology idk

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Thahleel

They've tried to remove the bias of a scientist preferring science a levels and an arts person preferring English and the like. It's quite accurate.

That's quite interesting. But for me I'd always find Art and English to be much harder than Biology and Further Maths, mostly due to preference and the fact that Art and English are quite subjective -.-
I find specific units in subjects hard rather than the subjects themselves but yeah whichever I find the most pointless. I perceive Chemistry to be somewhat hard, probably because I don't study chemistry.
(edited 9 years ago)
Additional Further Mathematics.

I don't think there is anything harder than that at A-Level.
Environmental Studies AQA

Posted from TSR Mobile
Psychology. It's not that it's difficult, just so much to remember. 54 studies!
Reply 8
Philosophy is defiantly up there. Again a LOT to remember and a LOT of paradoxes -.-
Reply 9
I remember it being said that maths is the hardest. Further maths would top that if that is the case.
Reply 10
Original post by L'Etudiant
Additional Further Mathematics.

I don't think there is anything harder than that at A-Level.

You could do any of the units in single/further, just not all of them. Shows broad mathematical ability I suppose
Original post by Thahleel

Interesting, though I don't understand why music has been named as the 8th most difficult subject at A level..
I would've thought music is the hardest A level as it demands you to be creative but also very academic and you have to perform with your instrument too which is a whole other kettle of fish...

I also find it hard to believe that any science is one of the hardest A levels because it's largely factual recall. Surely Arts subjects are harder as they are more subjective and there's no fixed mark scheme?
Reply 13
Philosophy or Mathematics. I have done both :biggrin:.
It's not really that hard but I HATE CHEMISTRY
I'd say the hardest arts A-Level is probably English Lit, but I'm not sure about the sciences. Some people say Chemistry is the hardest science, but it all depends on the person :dontknow:
Original post by aprocrastinator
I would've thought music is the hardest A level as it demands you to be creative but also very academic and you have to perform with your instrument too which is a whole other kettle of fish...

I also find it hard to believe that any science is one of the hardest A levels because it's largely factual recall. Surely Arts subjects are harder as they are more subjective and there's no fixed mark scheme?

I do an Arts subject along with 3 sciences, and for the Arts, it's usually about me having to make up my own ideas, then going into depth, and then there's a high chance the ideas are invalid.

In the sciences, which I do enjoy more really, there's always just a right or wrong answer
Hair and Beauty. Love it me
Hair and Beauty
Biology
and Philosophy
(edited 9 years ago)
Either Additional Further Maths or History.

AFM because you have to do the modules you've avoided in Maths/Further Maths.

History because it's essay based and you need a lot of knowledge and exam technique.
I've heard Biology is the devil, Chemistry isn't that bad. English isn't bad if you actually revise quotes and terminologies. Languages are pretty hardcore, especially if you don't have the knack for it.

Quick Reply

Latest