The Student Room Group

English literature assessment objective questions.. (AQA LIT B)

My first AS exam is my English literature exam. I'd like to think that I'm very good at it, but the only thing that, now, will hold me back is not knowing the 'game' of the exam.

That being said, I've been reading up on it and I've learnt pretty much everything about said game that I really need to know to prepare myself for the exam next month. One thing that did confuse me, however, is the assessment objectives that are tested in each section. They are as follows:

Section A:
Part A: AO2
Part B: AO1, AO3 & AO4

Section B:
AO1, AO2 & AO3

I know what the AOs are, so that's not a problem, and I know how they're weighted out blah blah blah. One question that I do have, that I came across while revising poetry, is will you still be awarded marks for AO3 content if you include AO4 in section B?

By this I mean giving your interpretation on the poem, but then saying "..however, Rossetti had a sister and The Goblin Market could be her reflection on how sisters can triumph over a patriarchal society as opposed to the idea of the role of women in consumerism in the Victorian times." There's a lot of AO4 in that answer, that WOULD NOT be credited for, simply because they don't care about that assessment objective in this question (in section B). However, it's still giving my own interpretation for it.. So in a way, could my AO3 marks be a result of including AO4?
Original post by TheDaniel
My first AS exam is my English literature exam. I'd like to think that I'm very good at it, but the only thing that, now, will hold me back is not knowing the 'game' of the exam.

That being said, I've been reading up on it and I've learnt pretty much everything about said game that I really need to know to prepare myself for the exam next month. One thing that did confuse me, however, is the assessment objectives that are tested in each section. They are as follows:

Section A:

Section B:
AO1, AO2 & AO3

I know what the AOs are, so that's not a problem, and I know how they're weighted out blah blah blah. One question that I do have, that I came across while revising poetry, is will you still be awarded marks for AO3 content if you include AO4 in section B?

By this I mean giving your interpretation on the poem, but then saying "..however, Rossetti had a sister and The Goblin Market could be her reflection on how sisters can triumph over a patriarchal society as opposed to the idea of the role of women in consumerism in the Victorian times." There's a lot of AO4 in that answer, that WOULD NOT be credited for, simply because they don't care about that assessment objective in this question (in section B). However, it's still giving my own interpretation for it.. So in a way, could my AO3 marks be a result of including AO4?

Heya, I'm going to put this in the English forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=82
Original post by TheDaniel

Section A:

Section B:
AO1, AO2 & AO3

Is AO4 definitely not credited in section B? What you stated sounds good so I'd just do that anyway. I'm pretty sure I included AO4 last year as I wasn't aware that you aren't credited for it! I still got an A :smile:

Edit: just realised you're talking about AS not A2. :tongue: however I still wasn't aware of this and AO4!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending