Scroll to see replies

I have one for law on Friday... Ahhhhh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 561
Original post by Rala
Well, I am applying for English and I have an interview. I also have a small class at interview and a test. No idea what these will be like, yaiks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had my English class, interview and test today! It was easier than I expected, it was even quite fun. I hope you do well! :biggrin:
Reply 562
Original post by Nerdz
I had my English class, interview and test today! It was easier than I expected, it was even quite fun. I hope you do well! :biggrin:

Haha I completely ****ed it up. The test and class were really exciting amd enjoyable but since Ive had no guidance for the interview I had prepared myself in a completely wrong way. I will be applying again next year. Congrats for your good experience!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What do guys wear to formal hall at Kings College? I'm an American and id like to blend in--I really don't want to be that *expletive* American. I'm only going to be at Cambridge for the summer term. Do I need to get a robe or can I skip it? Is formal hall a black tie event or will a suit do?
Original post by Newkidintown
What do guys wear to formal hall at Kings College? I'm an American and id like to blend in--I really don't want to be that *expletive* American. I'm only going to be at Cambridge for the summer term. Do I need to get a robe or can I skip it? Is formal hall a black tie event or will a suit do?

I'm pretty sure the robes are only worn at graduation, if it's black tie just wear a nice suit. But I don't know, as I should only be starting in October depending on my grades. And don't feel the need to blend in just be who you are

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 565

Don't need a robe / gown; sometimes people wear black tie, and if you want to then that's fine (although definitely nothing smarter than black tie), but most guys will just wear a standard suit.
EDITED

OP, by robe you mean a college gown?
If so, King's is famous for NOT requiring to wear the gown for the formals unlike most other colleges, so you don't need to worry about it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Ok so I just found out about bedders. Are you supposed to tip them? How does the whole bedded thing work?
Reply 568
Ok so I just found out about bedders. Are you supposed to tip them? How does the whole bedded thing work?

I've never met anyone who tips but lots of students give a box of chocolates or similar at the end of term. They usually empty bins daily and clean bedrooms weekly; although if you're a lazy arts student like myself and still in bed when they knock on, it's fairly common to say "don't clean it this week please". Plenty of students get quite friendly with their bedders, have a chat each morning; but I'm really not a morning person so I didn't ever have that. Oh, and they don't make your bed at all, or do the ironing or washing up or anything like that.

No need for tipping. It's not a hotel. :wink:
What they do and when would depend on your college, but what the previous poster said is generally similar in most colleges; they come to clean your room and communal area of your corridor/staircase, like bath/shower rooms, toilets, kitchen, usually once a week. It's not necessarily in the morning like the previous poster said, though. Can be any time of the day, depends on their schedule. But usually they come about the same time every week, so you can sort of predict when they come (or can see them coming to your area from your window), so you can vacate your room before them come to make it easier for them to work, if you want.
Reply 570
Does anyone have any experience of the Kings group interview and test for English?
Hey guys!

I couldn't find a thread for King's College so I decided to make one :smile: I'm applying for HSPS and thought it would be easier to just have a thread for us since invitations are being sent out as of today :smile: Good luck to all of you!
Hey there, I've applied to Physical NatSci at King's. Tbh, I don't think anyone will hear from them today, as there haven't been any updates on their site. :wink:
Hi,
I'm applying to Maths from the Netherlands.
They might send out offers as of today but after all, it is Sunday, which is probably why nobody has heard yet.
Good luck!
'Ello! :biggrin:

I'm applying for Maths.
Hope you have your Che Guevara T-shirts ready guys :smile:
Original post by Rhetorical Hips
Hope you have your Che Guevara T-shirts ready guys :smile:

Mind elaborating? Didn't really what you meant / the joke haha :colondollar:
Original post by Hjortlund

King's is known for being very politically active and left wing.
Original post by Hjortlund

http://www.tcs.cam.ac.uk/assets/news/thumbs/main/HammerSickle.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
The level of competition here for maths is very discouraging. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending