The Student Room Group

Is this a date? Rescheduling?

A girl I dated for a while a few months ago asked me to go out with her for food at the start of the week. Kind of out of the blue seeing as we haven't seen each other since we stopped dating, although we talk quite a bit. Anyways, we were planning to meet next Friday but she asked me Wednesday if I wanted to meet up that night instead, I couldn't and she didn't seem too bothered. Then today, I messaged her asking if she wanted to meet up before work. She messaged back saying she wasn't sure because she had uni work to do. After a few exchanges of messages of her not being sure what to do I just said that it was probably more important that she got her uni work finished and that we'd meet up after. To this I got a sad face and she stopped replying soon after.

I was a bit confused about the sad face so I ran it by my mate who said he reckons it's a date and that I messed up? I also have to reschedule yet again because my work rota has changed, which is going to look awful if it's a date isn't it?
Why don't you suggest dates when you are free and ask if any of those work for her? It seems like a better strategy instead of loosely making plans and then having to reschedule and it'll make you look more proactive and not like you're just blowing her out. I don't know if it matters whether it's a date or not, even if I have friends who constantly blow me out without rescheduling I assume that they're not interested in seeing me.
Reply 2
It's stop playing games.. Either get on with it and shag each other senseless Or draw a line under it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending