The Student Room Group

Did I respond badly to his cancelled date?

I met a guy on an app and we were meant to go for our third date. However, two days before he cancelled saying that there was an emergency at work and could he let me know of any alternative day the following week? I replied rather curtly with 'Sounds difficult... Hope things get sorted out' as opposed to my usual lengthy replies, the reason for this was that he had been taking days to reply (again due to work) which annoyed me. Since then it's been 2 weeks and he hasn't got back in touch after my reply. Did I reply too coldly?
Original post by Anonymous #1
I met a guy on an app and we were meant to go for our third date. However, two days before he cancelled saying that there was an emergency at work and could he let me know of any alternative day the following week? I replied rather curtly with 'Sounds difficult... Hope things get sorted out' as opposed to my usual lengthy replies, the reason for this was that he had been taking days to reply (again due to work) which annoyed me. Since then it's been 2 weeks and he hasn't got back in touch after my reply. Did I reply too coldly?
Hi there
He must still be busy
If it's been 2wks then he's not interested.

I don't think your reply made any difference, (and was fine to someone cancelling IMO).
Reply 3
Cancelled early dates without simultaneous rescheduling are bad form. I don’t think what you said was bad.
Reply 4
No. He's probably met someone else on an app, alas. Your reply wasn't curt, even if your mood felt curt to you at the time. An emergency at work that's going to affect him two days later.. already sounded potentially suspect. Not contacting you at all since then.. very suspect. Send him a message making it politely clear that he should have contacted you by now e.g. 'I've been waiting for you to get back in touch with me. What's happening at work?'. He owes you a full explanation although, sadly, I doubt you'll get one. Were there any red flags?
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending