The Student Room Group

Virgin @ 19

I am 19 years old and a Virgin at University (girl, just 19)
The reason is because i have never had a boyfriend, i've
been back to boys houses at Uni, and done stuff but
i feel more and more stupid saying i'm a virgin as time
goes on.

I don't know at this point whether to just sleep with someone.

I'm very confused. I was just waiting till a relationship came about
and i really liked them for my first time. I was seeing a boy for about a month,
and we did stuff all but sleep together because we were just seeing each other
and he ended things after the Easter break.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO :frown:
This is what world has come to, people
What exactly is the problem?
Wait until you are ready. Didn't personally lose it until 22 and that was the right time for me. Whilst it's a relief to get it "out of the way" imagine how you might feel if you end up losing it to a douche on a ONS and regretting it? If, of course, you're not worried about that possibility just go for it. The choice is yours, but I'd advise waiting for something more long-term if you think you're likely to get attached. Also, 19 is NOT old!
So what. Unless you die prematurely, you've got around 60 years to get it "done." Just look at it like that and chill :smile: xx
meh, im 23, thats more because no-one wants me than my not wanting any lol

id say anything under 21 is normal to be a virgin. You certainly shouldn't feel stupid about it and if you just sleep with someone just to do it you will regret it. If guys are going for you your obviously attractive so you wont have long to wait for a relationship to come your way.
I'd say wait for someone you like/love, if you put out too easily you wont get the type of guy you want.
then again i dont really know what im missing so maybe im wrong :tongue:
Reply 6
Just relax, you're probably over thinking it, and as time goes on you feel worse and worse, because you think you have missed your chance.

Original post by NeverTooLatte
So what. Unless you die prematurely, you've got around 60 years to get it "done." Just look at it like that and chill xx

It's the least of your problems when you're dead anyway.

I'd rather not have lost it as an old man, unless it was to a secretary.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Your virginity is a precious thing. It's not something to be embarrassed or ashamed about, it's yours and everybody's else's opinions about it don't matter.

You really shouldn't feel pressured into losing your virginity just because you feel "stupid" (you're not stupid for being a virgin at 19, it's completely fine and normal) - if the opportunity hasn't presented itself, or you aren't ready for it, then that's absolutely fine - just wait until you meet somebody you want to lose it with for the right reasons (i.e. not just because you feel stupid, because you have feelings for them and are physically attracted to them)

Be patient and don't lose it for the sake of losing it, as you'll probably regret your actions
Reply 8
1) Chill the **** out. Seriously.

2) You've waited for 19 years for the right guy. Don't be stupid and give up now.
I honestly don't see why losing your virginity is such an issue with our society. Is it really that important? Like really?
im same age and virgin. just wait till you're 35 then start worrying
Are you serious, you are only 19. You are way better off than the 14 and 15 year olds who are having sex, trust me.
and? Whats the problem.
Do you feel okay using a person for sex? Do you feel okay being used for sex?
Whatever you decide hopefully it is not something you will come to regret.
Original post by Proxenus
im same age and virgin. just wait till you're 35 then start worrying

Have you lost your virginity now?
Original post by Anonymous
Have you lost your virginity now?

You must have been rather intensely curious to know to bump a thread 6 years later.
Not me typing a response and then realising half way thru that this is from 2015

Latest

Trending

Trending