The Student Room Group

uni life help

i started uni 8 months ago and was placed up in an international dorm for the exchange students. i was from a very small town in my country and had had a really strict upbringing and had zero social skills. up-till that point i had been one of the best students at my high school but in short everything changed. i became one of the worst students at uni and took to drinking and smoking everyday. i love the feel of going out with people everyday and the only person who is willing to do this is a guy from my class who takes advantage of me and ill treats me and i know he is not a true friend. apart from that ,in every relationship i am the one who gets taken advantage of but at the end people always blame me for any problems as i am seen as a person who would accept **** from anyone. apart from this,my academic life has also suffered tremendously and i have just passed one course last semester. as an indian, i have to make extra efforts to make friends, a struggle only an indian person would understand. there are no indians in my class and the very few that are in my uni , have no active social lives and literally have zilch friends . as i made zero friends at high school, i feel really lonely and upset as i have none to fall back upon and the reason for me trying to make a lot of friends at uni.
Costanzas - I'm am very sorry to hear that you are having a bad uni experience and that you're struggling both academically and socially. To be honest, I can not offer you any solutions but I want you to know that I sympathize with your issues. I hope next year will be better for you. Do try to get involved in societies especially some that are strictly social like hiking. Best of luck to you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending