The Student Room Group

Bradford vs Huddersfield for Mpharm 2024

Guys help me decide between these two in terms of contact hours? Teaching style? Parking for student? And general student life (I will be commuting). Thank you for everyone’s help.
Reply 1
Original post by anonymous946
Guys help me decide between these two in terms of contact hours? Teaching style? Parking for student? And general student life (I will be commuting). Thank you for everyone’s help.

bradford has a new TBL (team based learning) system where 80% is TBL and 20% is lectures. so if you do not like sitting through lectures and find that working as a team suits you better - go for bradford. bradford has a lot of food spots directly outside the uni and the town centre is not too far either (10 min walk), shopping centre etc. i’ve heard parking is fine. a lot of my family went to diff unis and then ended up at bradford, they said bradford was a far better uni life experience compared to sheffield (none went to hudds). although they do not drink/party so you might want to consider that.

huddersfield. one thing is that they start independent prescribing teaching in first year which is nice. bit different to bradford, could be for you if you like quiet towny areas. they also have a town centre literally 5 mins away. parking is fine. year 3 is a lot on schizophrenia, depression, alzeimers etc which i personally find really interesting, so i’d consider it if you do too. teachers are really friendly and welcoming, supportive etc! so if you prefer lectures over constantly having to work with your classmates everyday and not doing your own thing go for huddersfield as it allows you to be more independent and go at your own pace. probably better social life in terms of partying etc.

hope this helps! let me know what you decide btw!
ismat
Original post by isyyyyy
bradford has a new TBL (team based learning) system where 80% is TBL and 20% is lectures. so if you do not like sitting through lectures and find that working as a team suits you better - go for bradford. bradford has a lot of food spots directly outside the uni and the town centre is not too far either (10 min walk), shopping centre etc. i’ve heard parking is fine. a lot of my family went to diff unis and then ended up at bradford, they said bradford was a far better uni life experience compared to sheffield (none went to hudds). although they do not drink/party so you might want to consider that.
huddersfield. one thing is that they start independent prescribing teaching in first year which is nice. bit different to bradford, could be for you if you like quiet towny areas. they also have a town centre literally 5 mins away. parking is fine. year 3 is a lot on schizophrenia, depression, alzeimers etc which i personally find really interesting, so i’d consider it if you do too. teachers are really friendly and welcoming, supportive etc! so if you prefer lectures over constantly having to work with your classmates everyday and not doing your own thing go for huddersfield as it allows you to be more independent and go at your own pace. probably better social life in terms of partying etc.
hope this helps! let me know what you decide btw!
ismat

Hi, thank you so much for the detailed answer it really helps me put things into perspective. Reading your comments I think I like TBL more than lectures. Bradford seems good for me in terms of teaching, however one thing I’m concerned about are the people and the environment. I’m thinking maybe Huddersfield is better in that sense? I’m a Muslim btw and like to mind my own business and have a nice environment. So idk. Also ive heard that Huddersfield doesn’t have car parking which Bradford has.

Thank you for your help, I’m going to think about it and see what I might prefer. I’ll let you know. Thanks
Original post by anonymous946

Hey @anonymous946 - how are you? :smile:

Like @isyyyyy has kindly mentioned below, the programme is delivered predominately by Team-Based Learning! Our classes simulate the workplace and you will work in small teams to solve real-world problems, many of which are brought into the classroom from pharmacy practice by our team of pharmacist teacher-practitioners.

We've got a lot of exciting and fun things happening at Bradford, so your student life is sure to be a lot of fun. We are City of Culture 2025 so expect a lot of cool events in the city. You can check out our student life here - there's a even a virtual tour to watch too.

I know you mentioned you'd be commuting, and we're here to support your commute in. You can find out about the car parking on campus, and even suggestions on what to do on your commute here.

Let me know if you have any other questions about your course or general student life here at Bradford! If you'd like I can contact an academic on the course to see if they can provide you with some useful info or if they have any current students available to chat! :smile:

Whichever uni you decide, good luck and I hope you have the best student experience! :smile:

Becky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending