The Student Room Group

volunteering

i am 15 can i volunteer anywhere?
Reply 1
You'll be more limited but I know that you can volunteer for Girlguiding UK at 15 (and so probably Scouts too). Some charity shops take on 15 year olds.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by gemmam
You'll be more limited but I know that you can volunteer for Girlguiding UK at 15 (and so probably Scouts too). Some charity shops take on 15 year olds.Posted from TSR Mobile
okayy thanks for your help :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by rosieboyce11
okayy thanks for your help :smile:

No problem :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm afraid most companies aren't willing to allow a 15 year old to volunteer due to the fact they consider anyone under the age of 18 a liability.

You might be able to volunteer at a local animal shelter, nursing home or charity shop but I'd say that'd be about it.

Maybe try this website?

https://do-it.org/

But again, I say. Perhaps wait till you're at least 16?
Reply 5
Yeah I'm sure you can! I volunteered at kids groups at church from the age of 14, at at 15 I volunteered on my first summer camp. And people your age do Bronze DofE which requires a volunteering section, so if others have done it I'm sure you too can find somewhere; Actually, I'm pretty sure that somewhere on the DofE website you can search volunteering places in your local area if you are stuck for ideas of cannot find anywhere.
Reply 6
Original post by Sycamores
I'm afraid most companies aren't willing to allow a 15 year old to volunteer due to the fact they consider anyone under the age of 18 a liability. You might be able to volunteer at a local animal shelter, nursing home or charity shop but I'd say that'd be about it. Maybe try this website? https://do-it.org/But again, I say. Perhaps wait till you're at least 16?
okayy thanks :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by schmuur
Yeah I'm sure you can! I volunteered at kids groups at church from the age of 14, at at 15 I volunteered on my first summer camp. And people your age do Bronze DofE which requires a volunteering section, so if others have done it I'm sure you too can find somewhere; Actually, I'm pretty sure that somewhere on the DofE website you can search volunteering places in your local area if you are stuck for ideas of cannot find anywhere.
thanks very much for your help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending