The Student Room Group

Is it likely that this speed camera "caught" me?

I was on the opposite side of the road to the camera, doing 32/33 mph in a 30 road it was definitely less than 35 on my speedometer which I heard shows a slightly faster speed than you are actually doing? Although ive been told it wont catch you on the other side of the road i started to slow down to around 28 which i normally do regardless of which side of the road im on and as i touched my breaks the flash went off!! There was no cars on the other side of the road so i dont see who else it would have flashed?!
Also there was white lines going across my side of the road if that makes any difference.I HAVE FOUND OUT THAT IT WAS A GASTO SPEED CAMERA WHICH FLASHED ME
Reply 1
Probably not. Your speedo is probably incorrect. (Most are up to 10% incorrect.) And some counties give bit of leeway. If you was doing 35-40, this maybe a different story.

Depending where you live it might not of even been switched on...
Reply 2
I wouldn't worry about it to be honest. It's not like you were going 50mph, plus I've been flashed before but I never had a ticket from that flash.
You are very unlikely to be done unless you are going at least 35 so there's virtually zero chance you've been caught.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending