The Student Room Group

IBS and university

I'm an 18year old girl going to university in September. However, I still wet the bed and have IBS. I have been to the doctors and they think I'm getting the IBS symtpoms just due to stress of exams even though I have told them I had it before exams and last year! Therefore, I don't think I could get a GP note but I know I have IBS as if you are a sufferer it's obvious to tell. I think the wetting of the bed is on my medical notes.

My university give out accommodation as first come first serve. I applied for accommodation a week ago but because I've applied so late (accommodation entry opened in April) I have been unable to get a room with ensuite. My first choice had to be a room where 6 people share a bathroom. I'm now really stressed because I feel as though I need an ensuite so I can sort my issues out quickly if it occurs and so no one finds out ! Do you think the university would allow me to have an ensuite room if I told them about this? :frown: I really don't think I could cope without one as I often have to rush to the loo due to my IBS and can be on there for hours :frown:
They might do, you might as well call them or write an email and see if it's at a a possibility

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's definitely worth contacting the university to find out. However, once at university you'll probably find that there are a lot of other students who don't like their accommodation and want to swap with other students. Plenty of students drop out during first year as well, leaving accommodations with spare rooms :P

Quick Reply

Latest