The Student Room Group

Help!

Hello,

I moved to the UK since last august and from that time I keeps searching for jobs and sending my CV but unfortunately no one called for interview !!! :frown::frown:
I have a Bsc degree in Information and Communication Technologies Engineering and a Bsc degree in Electronics, Communication and Computer Engineering but not from a UK university. I applied for a lot of apprenticeships and internships but always the reply I got is that my application is unsuccessful although I meet the requirements they need !!!:angry:
I started to believe that there is something wrong with me, I think that I'm not qualified, so is there any courses I should take or anything I should do in order to be qualified for jobs or apprenticeships ??? any help ???
I thought to apply for post graduate studies like masters degree but I was shocked from the fees as I'm not an EU/UK student so I have to pay double the fees and in some universities the triple with no installments !! :s-smilie:

What about the GCSE and UCAS points ??? most of the apprenticeships require certain GCSE or UCAS points how can I know my GCSE or UCAS points ??

Thanks a lot and sorry for this long post :smile::smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
My husband has a permenant work contract and I have a work permit Tier 2 visa
Original post by nad89
Hello,

I moved to the UK since last august and from that time I keeps searching for jobs and sending my CV but unfortunately no one called for interview !!! :frown::frown:
I have a Bsc degree in Information and Communication Technologies Engineering and a Bsc degree in Electronics, Communication and Computer Engineering but not from a UK university. I applied for a lot of apprenticeships and internships but always the reply I got is that my application is unsuccessful although I meet the requirements they need !!!:angry:
I started to believe that there is something wrong with me, I think that I'm not qualified, so is there any courses I should take or anything I should do in order to be qualified for jobs or apprenticeships ??? any help ???
I thought to apply for post graduate studies like masters degree but I was shocked from the fees as I'm not an EU/UK student so I have to pay double the fees and in some universities the triple with no installments !! :s-smilie:

What about the GCSE and UCAS points ??? most of the apprenticeships require certain GCSE or UCAS points how can I know my GCSE or UCAS points ??

Thanks a lot and sorry for this long post :smile::smile:

Apprenticeships are for people who don't have degrees so you are too overqualified for one. And the graduate job market is very competitive in the UK- having the qualifications needed isn't enough, it's about having work experience and putting together a good CV and covering letter or answering the application questions well. What you really need is someone who can help you review your applications and see where you are going wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending