The Student Room Group

in2science Interviews

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Hood15
hey, I got an interview too next saturday tho, a day before yours. ill try and tell you how it goes

:biggrin: How did your interview go? was it really long? :tongue:
Reply 21
Original post by acelle
:biggrin: How did your interview go? was it really long? :tongue:

interview wasn't long at all, most of the time was spent waiting around and on the presentation. the interview wasn't bad, they were really nice, but I was still sweating like a pig. because I applied for medicine, she asked if I have read about any medical journals or any advancements in the field. it went bad slightly because when I was asked what my favourite subject is, instead of saying chemistry and biology, I said chemistry and maths, so I was asked why I didn't choose chemical engineering. they then asked what I thought I would get best in, and obviously, I said RE because that totally makes sense 😕. they also asked why you want to do the subject you have chosen.
overall though, not bad.
Reply 22
Original post by Hood15
interview wasn't long at all, most of the time was spent waiting around and on the presentation. the interview wasn't bad, they were really nice, but I was still sweating like a pig. because I applied for medicine, she asked if I have read about any medical journals or any advancements in the field. it went bad slightly because when I was asked what my favourite subject is, instead of saying chemistry and biology, I said chemistry and maths, so I was asked why I didn't choose chemical engineering. they then asked what I thought I would get best in, and obviously, I said RE because that totally makes sense 😕. they also asked why you want to do the subject you have chosen.
overall though, not bad.

Ahhhh I see! Thanks for telling me how it went :biggrin: I hope you got the placement :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by acelle
So, in the midst of AS exams, just wondering who has an in2science placement interview next Sunday 24th?

:ahee: might see you there

I had mine on sunday aswell, was at 11.30, i applied for engineering/ computer science. Howd yours go? :smile: it was relaxed, however i felt like the questions didnt allow me to mention my achievements rather just my science/ uni interests. However i Wish i did mention a few things that couldve boosted my prowess but other than that it went well.

Out of 1000 applicants 150 were shortlisted, so congrats. Apparently its a 80%ish success rate for those who got an interview offer.

What about you?
And good luck
Reply 24
Original post by Formless
I had mine on sunday aswell, was at 11.30, i applied for engineering/ computer science. Howd yours go? :smile: it was relaxed, however i felt like the questions didnt allow me to mention my achievements rather just my science/ uni interests. However i Wish i did mention a few things that couldve boosted my prowess but other than that it went well.

Out of 1000 applicants 150 were shortlisted, so congrats. Apparently its a 80%ish success rate for those who got an interview offer.

What about you?
And good luck

I was quite happy with the interview, it just felt like a short casual talk about what I like :biggrin: I hope we both got it!! Did she tell you some of the placements? Which did you choose (: I just remembered that the place was really humid and I kept sweating haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
i still haven't got a response from them, does that mean i dont have a placement? i applied like one week before the deadline
Reply 26
Original post by peacefully_
i still haven't got a response from them, does that mean i dont have a placement? i applied like one week before the deadline

I've heard nothing back from them either - a bit surprised they didn't send out an e-mail to unsuccessful applicants, to be honest.
Reply 27
Original post by Neuth
I've heard nothing back from them either - a bit surprised they didn't send out an e-mail to unsuccessful applicants, to be honest.

I think it may be because not everyone will pass the interview and if they still have placements left they will send more interviews out to those who are next on the waiting list
Original post by acelle
I think it may be because not everyone will pass the interview and if they still have placements left they will send more interviews out to those who are next on the waiting list

but won't they give us an interview despite the number of applicants to pick the best?
Reply 29
Original post by acelle

Surely an e-mail would be easiest though, just to update you.

If I was in charge of a company like this, I'd be sending e-mails out every 2 minutes :lol:
Original post by acelle
I was quite happy with the interview, it just felt like a short casual talk about what I like :biggrin: I hope we both got it!! Did she tell you some of the placements? Which did you choose (: I just remembered that the place was really humid and I kept sweating haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, i felt it was nice and casual aswell, felt relaxed and welcomed, she didnt really tell my about choosing the placements but asked me about how itd likely to be in an office rather than a lab, which im intruiged by. She then implied that itd be in UCL or Imperial.

What did you apply for? Congrats on getting shortlisted, one step closer :biggrin: Hope we get in.

My email was in my junk folder, luckily i checked otherwise i wouldve never known. Strongly advise you check all folders

Even if you didnt get in dont stress, it was heavily subscribed and 850/1000 got rejected, with even more upcoming.
My email was in my junk folder, luckily i checked otherwise i wouldve never known. Strongly advise you check all folders

Even if you didnt get in dont stress, it was heavily subscribed and 850/1000 got rejected, with even more upcoming.

still nothing, oh well, just have to wait and see :smile:

do you think it'd be worth emailing and asking?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 33
Lol, i felt it was nice and casual aswell, felt relaxed and welcomed, she didnt really tell my about choosing the placements but asked me about how itd likely to be in an office rather than a lab, which im intruiged by. She then implied that itd be in UCL or Imperial.

What did you apply for? Congrats on getting shortlisted, one step closer :biggrin: Hope we get in.

She told me about the visiting construction sites with an engineer placement and also about the more theoretical placement, and she told me the placement would be best for me if it's at UCL due to travelling... ~now begins the wait for the emails :ahee:
Original post by acelle
She told me about the visiting construction sites with an engineer placement and also about the more theoretical placement, and she told me the placement would be best for me if it's at UCL due to travelling... ~now begins the wait for the emails :ahee:

*forever refreshing inbox*
still nothing, oh well, just have to wait and see :smile:

do you think it'd be worth emailing and asking?

Go ahead, i hate when companies dont reply even if you got rejected, its nice to have closure than false hope. They might be still in the process of replying so its worth a shot. Good Luck!
Reply 36
I know it isn't an In2Science placement, so I'm taking this slightly off-topic, but I'm at UCL from the 6th July - 15th August, so I may see some of you there if you're at UCL too :yep:
Original post by Neuth
I know it isn't an In2Science placement, so I'm taking this slightly off-topic, but I'm at UCL from the 6th July - 15th August, so I may see some of you there if you're at UCL too :yep:

Nuffeild?
What Course did you apply for?
Reply 38
Nuffeild?
What Course did you apply for?

Nuffield, yes :smile:

And I found my own placement :h:
Original post by Neuth
Nuffield, yes :smile:

And I found my own placement :h:

What research field are you going into if you dont mind me asking :biggrin: