The Student Room Group

What's the best way to become an astronaut?

i know it's a long shot and that there's no simple way of becoming an astronaut, but becoming an astronaut is my ultimate dream so, what's the best way / route to become an astronaut?
Either become a fighter pilot or a natural scientist/engineer/physician with a PHD. Then you can think further.
As above, alternatively become very, very rich as commercial space travel will probably become available in your life time.
Reply 3
Most modern astronauts have a technical degree and will spend most of their time carrying out scientific experiments, so a really good physics/engineering degree is probably the first step. Take a look at the ESA website as well, they have a lot of info on it :smile:
Reply 4
I think its impossible !
Reply 5
You need to become a space cadet first.
Go to NASA and give in your CV
How much i looooove scifi movies, the actual thing is that money is spend in a super rush to get to the first desert planet where nothing is to be found, while at the same time humanity on this planet has to suffer because that, cause we dont have money to fight criminality on planet earth. By the time we reach planet venus the half of our planet is sick or robbed or raped.
Original post by mamoru
I think its impossible !
not really, depends on ur intelligence, and also the wish, how strong is the desire,

i dont wanne give u valse hope, but the first thing astronauts did when they were young was to make a life plan out of there dream, wich means, get as much as involved in the whole orginasations that have to do with space travel as possible . Sort of wurm ur way in, so to speak.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending