The Student Room Group

These Coursework Sites...

Guys, I have 4 days left to start AND finish my Maths coursework! Lets not forget English and Science :frown:

I have lost ALL my notes on it so I have to start from the beginning.

I was floating about google, and came across www.studentcentral.co.uk which has the piece of coursework I need!

I dont even like copying off my friends let alone an internet site! But I have literally NO time left as the coursework is gettin sent away on tuesday afternoon - my teacher wil mark it Tuesday day and send it after school.

Should I pay for it? I mean its £4.99 for a month. And it's not as if I will copy word for word!

Tbh, I just seen a few formulae that I really need (i HAVE to get 888 in this piece!).

Should I do it???

Thanks, mikeski :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Its sounds kinda wrong, and its not like you are being terribly sly posting it on this site :tongue:
However if you think you will not get it done otherwise.... then i dont know. You could get "disqualified" from other things. Do you not have any friends who could help you?

I mean they surely have ways of catching people who do this, else everyone would do it :P
Reply 2
Hey, thanks for replying.

None of my friends are doing higher for their CW.

I dont want to copy it! I just want to see what to do, as I have nothing to go on...
Reply 3
im guessing its a UNI - because A level maths CW is easy lol :tongue:
You have to basically weigh up the pros and cons, it is risky and you may not feel confident with your final grade etc if its based on you cheating.
Can noone on the student room help you, ie maths studens they all seem very willing.
Reply 4
whats your maths coursework about because i'm sure there are people on these forums that have done it who can help you
Reply 5
Its a GCSE piece...

Its on the drainage thing. People in my class, who were doing intermediate, ended having about 60 pages! I dont have time to get help off TSR - not that I'm being cheeky!!! I have FAR too much to do before I sart back so I need to get it done by tomorrow night so I can go on with other coursework.
Reply 6
I dont have a clue what drainage is :s
If i can help feel free to ask.
Reply 7
I know how you feel- my maths coursework is due in four days too, and our teacher hasn't given us any indication as to what roughly should be included (by that I don't mean the actual formulae; I'm just not entirely sure as to how far we really need to investigate, and what stages this would involve).

However, even if you don't plan on copying it word for word- you said yourself that the formulae you need are included; therefore I assume this means you want to use them from there. Even if you do explain them yourself after looking at them, you will have cheated in copying the formulae. Part of the marks come from determining patterns yourself.

I know it's tempting, but rather than spending your money on something which could land you in trouble, as these coursework sites often do work together with the exam boards (CN mentioned it on here a few weeks back), and they have the means to attempt to find out if work has been plagiarised; it might be better to speak to your teacher and explain the situation. If you are completely unsure as to how to continue, then I'm sure (s)he will be willing to offer you some guidance. You could also talk to other people in your maths group, as they will be doing the same coursework as you I presume.
Reply 8
why does yours have to be in by 4 days
i thought deadlines were in late febuary or something

and you don't have to write that many pages
i only wrote about 15 pages for my gcse maths cw and i still got a high mark

besides it would be faaar too risky to buy the cw on that site
Reply 9
I did badly in my GCSE CW i got a C or something, so i aced the test and got an A :biggrin: maybe its worth doing that?
Reply 10
Well I need 888 in this piece, pushing 788.

At the end of the day, when it comes to maths coursework in my school, our teacher basically tells us what to do anyway - when everyone is supposed to be doing it themselves :rolleyes:

Ah I dunno. I think i'll go and give it a bash and see how far I get.

What's ur CW on suuuuuuseh? Good luck with it anyways :smile:
Reply 11
mikeski
Well I need 888 in this piece, pushing 788.

At the end of the day, when it comes to maths coursework in my school, our teacher basically tells us what to do anyway - when everyone is supposed to be doing it themselves :rolleyes:

Ah I dunno. I think i'll go and give it a bash and see how far I get.

What's ur CW on suuuuuuseh? Good luck with it anyways :smile:

Ours is on Phi functions, oh the joy. :p: Unfortunately it's one of those where it isn't all that self explanatory as to what you need to do, because it pretty much goes with the setup of: "This is a Phi function. A Phi function is defined as the number of positive integers less than or equal to n and coprime to n. Investigate this." Hmm.. :p:

So what exactly do you have to do for yours? Ooh and good luck too! :smile:
Reply 12
suuuuuuseh
Ours is on Phi functions, oh the joy. :p: Unfortunately it's one of those where it isn't all that self explanatory as to what you need to do, because it pretty much goes with the setup of: "This is a Phi function. A Phi function is defined as the number of positive integers less than or equal to n and coprime to n. Investigate this." Hmm.. :p:

So what exactly do you have to do for yours? Ooh and good luck too! :smile:

Ahh yes. My last piece was like that. Good luck with it - mines turned out to be 47 pages :frown:

I have to find the largest volume of water a 200cm by 50cm sheet of metal can hold when its bent in anyway. Obviously it's a semicircle, but they already tell you that :rolleyes: so you have to do moreless the priliminary work. VERY boring.
Reply 13
mikeski
Ahh yes. My last piece was like that. Good luck with it - mines turned out to be 47 pages :frown:

I have to find the largest volume of water a 200cm by 50cm sheet of metal can hold when its bent in anyway. Obviously it's a semicircle, but they already tell you that :rolleyes: so you have to do moreless the priliminary work. VERY boring.

47? Oh dear.. :p: I just explained what a Phi function was with examples, did the functions of 1 to 30, said what patterns I noticed, did four examples for each, and wrote about five formulae for them. It's not very long at all..

Yours sounds complicated- it seems slightly more like a Science investigation as opposed to Maths.. For our other one we did newspaper sampling to see how sentence length affected readability. We're taking Statistics as well though, so that coursework counts towards both our Maths and Statistics grades; whereas this one we're doing now only counts for Maths.
Reply 14
To the OP: if you need help with your maths coursework, post in the maths forum. I think a lot of people will be able to help. I imagine the topic is quite difficult if you have no notes, not much time and no maths knowledge beyond GCSE.

As for cheating, don't do it. Just don't.
Reply 15
suuuuuuseh
47? Oh dear.. :p: I just explained what a Phi function was with examples, did the functions of 1 to 30, said what patterns I noticed, did four examples for each, and wrote about five formulae for them. It's not very long at all..

Yours sounds complicated- it seems slightly more like a Science investigation as opposed to Maths.. For our other one we did newspaper sampling to see how sentence length affected readability. We're taking Statistics as well though, so that coursework counts towards both our Maths and Statistics grades; whereas this one we're doing now only counts for Maths.

Its not really complicated, just borin and looooooooooooong - you know exactly what the outcome of each calculation will be... although finding the right formulae for each calculation is the hard bit.. :p:

Well Ive done 2 different rectangles, a triangle, a trapezium, and the semi-circle. Now I have to get started on the other shapes. oh the fun :frown:
Reply 16
Bear in mind that the method you suggest will only prove that the semicircle is the best out of all the surfaces you have calculated. You will need to do more than that to conclusively prove that it has the best SA:V ratio of ANY surface. (Or maybe I misunderstand your coursework...)
Reply 17
Yeah thats the point of my coursework lol.
I wouldn't recommend it.... aside from the cheating thing, I'm not sure of the reliability of those kind of sites. The information may not be completely accurate and I'd be wary of using them.

To be honest, even though you're meant to do it on your own, teachers always end up giving more help to students than they're meant to :rolleyes: It was for another set, but the teacher for that group basically showed them the coursework from the year before and the students paraphrased it :p: By the way, our coursework was something similar - finding equable shapes where the perimeter & area are the same, and we had to make up formulas too. If you're having difficulty with the formulae, ask for help in the Maths forum and I'm sure lots of people will help you. I think you might actually be able to get it done in four days, if you try and do a lot over the weekend. It really doesn't need to be excessively long if there's enough in there - mine was only about 20 pages and I still got 888.
I really wouldn't advise using a coursework website, not just because it's cheating and my conscience would prevent me from doing it, but also because you won't feel like you really deserved your mark and your overall grade and because exam boards are really cracking down on the use of websites now. If you get caught, you could get disqualified not just from maths, but maybe even from all your exams with that board, and even if they don't go that far, you could still get zero marks, which would really affect your overall grade. You must have some idea of what you need to do from the work you've done in lessons. If you need help, ask others in your class, your teacher or people on TSR.

Latest