The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
geologistuk
haha, yeah, quite a bit dependin on wot uni u go to!! i went to Arran in Scotland last year along with southern Spain, then there are the odd days here and there, just came back from Anglesey in walse over easter, i was mappin in wales lst summer and will be doin more of that near home this year!! next year i go to NW scotland for 2 weeks and then Teneriefe, (i cant spell that!!) in jan, then the alps in easter!! its all go, i love it!! see, geology is the way forward!!! there is loads of chemistry in geology, i wish i had done it at A-level, but hay!!! i sumtimes find it hard!!
ull enjoy uni, its great!! u picked a bugger of a subject tho, i know a few chemists and its hard!!!

Wah - I'm sure you've experienced a lot! I usually only travel during the summer hols. Going to spain this summer - hopefully no terrorism. :s-smilie:

Lots of chemistry help here: http://thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=130 if you have not noticed already - you're a new member right? Chem could be hard sometimes, but it could be fun too! Love lab work.
Eau
Wah - I'm sure you've experienced a lot! I usually only travel during the summer hols. Going to spain this summer - hopefully no terrorism. :s-smilie:

Lots of chemistry help here: http://thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=130 if you have not noticed already - you're a new member right? Chem could be hard sometimes, but it could be fun too! Love lab work.

yeah, a bit hear and there, but not as much as id like, dont really get any other opertunity to travel outside of uni!!
thanks for the url!!

i love field work, prac based stuff is ace!!
Reply 182
Does anyone here like glaciology?
I find it fascinating!

Just read an article about the shrinking of the worlds glaciers and the Greenland ice sheet.
Very scary stuff!
Lou_
Does anyone here like glaciology?
I find it fascinating!

Just read an article about the shrinking of the worlds glaciers and the Greenland ice sheet.
Very scary stuff!

hay, as a geologist and having studied geography and environmentaol science at A-level, it is an integral part of study for me!! more son in my degree than people realise! i too find it facinating, and love studying it!! hummm.... does that make me sad??!!!

xx
Eau
electrum (a naturally occuring alloy containing gold and silver)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrum

Mitochondria
Reply 185
geologistuk
hay, as a geologist and having studied geography and environmentaol science at A-level, it is an integral part of study for me!! more son in my degree than people realise! i too find it facinating, and love studying it!! hummm.... does that make me sad??!!!

xx

No of course not! I love studying glaciers too. It was my favourite part of higher geography.
Is geology hard? I'm going to do geoscience which looks practically like geology.

Alluvium
Lou_
No of course not! I love studying glaciers too. It was my favourite part of higher geography.
Is geology hard? I'm going to do geoscience which looks practically like geology.

Alluvium

bits of geology are hard in places yes!! but it depends on how driven you are as to how much your willing to do to learn!!! i got a good grade in geology at A-level, and i still find lots of bits very hard at times, but my motivation for the subject is such that i try my best and thats all that can be asked of you!!! sounds like your doing an interesting subject.
i hope you will enjoy it!! sound like you will from your enthusiasm.

xx
Reply 187
Lou_

Alluvium

Mucus
Eau
Mucus

silica
Reply 189
geologistuk
bits of geology are hard in places yes!! but it depends on how driven you are as to how much your willing to do to learn!!! i got a good grade in geology at A-level, and i still find lots of bits very hard at times, but my motivation for the subject is such that i try my best and thats all that can be asked of you!!! sounds like your doing an interesting subject.
i hope you will enjoy it!! sound like you will from your enthusiasm.

xx

Aww wish we got geology at school! I love geography but hate the human part lol. Geology would be much better!
What year are you in?
Oh and is there a lot of physics in it? Hope not too much lol :eek:

Amphibian
Lou_
Aww wish we got geology at school! I love geography but hate the human part lol. Geology would be much better!
What year are you in?
Oh and is there a lot of physics in it? Hope not too much lol :eek:

Amphibian

hay, i have just finished my second year at uni and am goin in to my 3rd, 2 more to go for me, im doing a masters degree!! i love geology, when i new i could do geology over geography i was over the moon!!! it was the obvious choice for me!! there is a lot of physics in it and chemistry and to be honest a fair bit of maths, but i didnt do any of those at a-level and im doing ok, so its not like you wouldnt understand anything, you just have to chose the right uni, they will start every one off at the respectives levels untill your all working from the same page, then they teach you a bit at a time!! its fab, well, i can only speak for leicester, thay are a wonderfull department and you dont have to have doen geology before either! they will asses you on an individual basis!! and they are all so friendly!!
i loooovvvvveeee it!!!
Reply 191
Any scientists starting uni this year?
Reply 192
Yep! I can't wait to get started!
How about you? Looking forward to it?
Reply 193
Lou_
Yep! I can't wait to get started!
How about you? Looking forward to it?

Looking forward to it? I guess.... it's weird - my emotions are kind of dead right now.

I am so bored right now - anyone wanna collaborate in starting a blog about science etc... (A-level and degree level or above)? I cannot do this alone. PM me if you're interested.
Eau
Looking forward to it? I guess.... it's weird - my emotions are kind of dead right now.

I am so bored right now - anyone wanna collaborate in starting a blog about science etc... (A-level and degree level or above)? I cannot do this alone. PM me if you're interested.

:itsme: I'm interested! Although it depends what kind of things you want to blog about, where and how?:p: Ahem.:redface: :ninja:
Reply 195
Pinelem
:itsme: I'm interested! Although it depends what kind of things you want to blog about, where and how?:p: Ahem.:redface: :ninja:

You're fussy, lol.

About: anything to do with science (or not), but there could be random posts just for fun as well.

Where: Blogger is probably the best choice.

How: Well we can register a few authors for a blog so that we can all contribute to the same blog. This may or may not work. Never know until we've tried...
hay people, how are things, hope all are ok and looking forward to the new term, whether at uni or not. i'll be a science blog geek if you want. muhahahaha, i could talk for hours about somethings. let me know.
sally xx
Reply 197
geologistuk
hay people, how are things, hope all are ok and looking forward to the new term, whether at uni or not. i'll be a science blog geek if you want. muhahahaha, i could talk for hours about somethings. let me know.
sally xx

Hi! Starting my first term at uni soon - so obviously very nervous. Yikes!! Hehe :s-smilie: :s-smilie: :confused: :s-smilie: :s-smilie:

The future is a very scary thought!
Eau
Hi! Starting my first term at uni soon - so obviously very nervous. Yikes!! Hehe :s-smilie: :s-smilie: :confused: :s-smilie: :s-smilie:

The future is a very scary thought!

i know, just take your time and try to enjoy it. i am sure you will.
let me know how it goes.
love sal xx
Reply 199
I joined and subscribed to it! I enjoy physics, astronomy and have a particular interest in string theory...

Latest

Trending

Trending