The Student Room Group

EEE at University of Manchester, or University of British Columbia

Hello! I am an international student from Ecuador. I got an offer from University of Manchester to study Electrical and Electronic Engineering. I also received an offer from University of British Columbia to study Electrical Engineering.
I really like both Unis. I feel more inclined to choose UoM because I could travel a little across the UK and Europe. I have heard that flights are pretty cheap and it's also easy to travel between cities and European countries. What do you think about that? but looking at the rankings, UBC seems to have a better reputation, and it's located in a great city. Taking into consideration the international reputation, course reputation, environment, and the fact that I would like to get a masters degree in another top university, maybe in the US, do you think UoM is a better option over UBC? I would highly appreciate your opinion.
Thanks in advance :smile:
Need any help mate on biology, chemistry, mathsadvice Follow me : Cheers bro https://twitter.com/AlevelExaminer I would suggest going to Manchester has UK degrees are highly respected in the world.
Reply 2
Canadian and American universities usually have much more funding for their engineering departments than UK universities so that means more fun design and build projects, a slightly better engineering experience! If it was me i would go to UBC only if you can afford the fees that is...tution is likely to be cheaper at Manchester as an interntional student so that would probably be the wise choice.

Quick Reply

Latest