The Student Room Group

a2 project

Is it possible for me in A2 to get someone else to build the project for me and do documentation and then I can revise for the exam myself? For example in OCR computing, i pay someone to do the f454 project and then i can revise for f453 myself. Do i need programming expeirence to understand f453? The content is just computing theory so can i not rote learn that ?
Reply 1
1) You'll get disqualified if you do so.
2) Unless you're willing to pay high amounts of money, I doubt anybody would do this. You'd have to pay money near to a thousand for someone to do it for you considering the amount of work you have to do. I did the AQA A2 Project and honestly, I don't think I'd be even prepared to something like that ever again for another 1 year...
3) Your teachers will know if it wasn't your work..
4) You have loads of time to prepare for the A2 project assuming you're still an AS student.
Original post by Async

Only if they get caught. :wink:
Reply 3
Original post by Push_More_Button
Only if they get caught. :wink:

LOOL. It's very easy to catch the person out. Very very very easy... I was able to tell who copy & pasted code from Google on other students work within 5 seconds of looking at it.
Original post by Async
2) Unless you're willing to pay high amounts of money, I doubt anybody would do this. You'd have to pay money near to a thousand for someone to do it for you considering the amount of work you have to do. I did the AQA A2 Project and honestly, I don't think I'd be even prepared to something like that ever again for another 1 year...
3) Your teachers will know if it wasn't your work..
4) You have loads of time to prepare for the A2 project assuming you're still an AS student.

Yes still AS but my teachers aren't that great so I think i would struggle to make a program at A2. I think i would probably get an E or a U on the project with the programming knowledge i have atm (very minimal).

Could i not get some source code off the internet and build my write up around it? I could get someone to explain parts of the code to me. :smile:
What's the project on? It might not be as difficult as you think.
Reply 6
Original post by SheLikeTheMango
Yes still AS but my teachers aren't that great so I think i would struggle to make a program at A2. I think i would probably get an E or a U on the project with the programming knowledge i have atm (very minimal).

Could i not get some source code off the internet and build my write up around it? I could get someone to explain parts of the code to me. :smile:

You have the summer holiday to practice, you have more than enough time to get your coding skills up to scratch. That's like me, I did most of my learning during summer holiday. Came back and fond project coding easy. Honestly, during the summer holiday just practice, start creating GUI applications and have fun doing it. You'll be surprised on how much you can learn. I don't think you realize how much time you have to learn this. You will probably do better than you think you will. The fact that you're worrying about this before A2 is good. Some people don't think about this until they start A2 and realize that the project is hard

Please don't use fully coded source code of the internet, you never learn anything by doing that. Always create your applications from scratch except from when you're using a library. Don't get an already working project and change it. You're basically defeating the purpose of the project. It's supposed to be a learning experience.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Push_More_Button
What's the project on? It might not be as difficult as you think.

You get to choose, you make any application you want, i think you get more marks for a complex project. Do you take computing? :smile:
Original post by Async
You have the summer holiday to practice, you have more than enough time to get your coding skills up to scratch. That's like me, I did most of my learning during summer holiday. Came back and fond project coding easy. Honestly, during the summer holiday just practice, start creating GUI applications and have fun doing it. You'll be surprised on how much you can learn. I don't think you realize how much time you have to learn this. You will probably do better than you think you will. The fact that you're worrying about this before A2 is good. Some people don't think about this until they start A2 and realize that the project is hard

Please don't use source code of the internet, you never learn anything by doing that. Always create your applications from scratch except from when you're using a library. Don't get an already working project and change it. You're basically defeating the purpose of the project. It's supposed to be a learning experience.

Hmm you do make the project sound more appealing :smile: what language do you recommend starting to learn with?
Also what was your project idea and what grade did you get?
Reply 9
In addition I also teach fellow students how to code, and I also teach "customers" all around the world. It's amazing how much one can achieve in one year
You get to choose, you make any application you want, i think you get more marks for a complex project. Do you take computing? :smile:

Ah OK, I thought there may have been a set structure for it.
Try to come up with an idea that is relatively simple to do with basic functionality for a simple usecase, but have lots of options for extendibility that you can add on later for better complexity.
Original post by Async
In addition I also teach fellow students how to code, and I also teach "customers" all around the world. It's amazing how much one can achieve in one year

Okay VB.net ill keep that in mind. It's good to set yourself high targets, especially if it's something you like :smile:.

I guess im in the same position you were at AS, i can't code much, only simple programs like addition of two numbers or outputting some text. Luckily my two exams at AS are written and its mostly computer theory. The second paper has some algorithm questions but we're allowed to use pseudocode which is easy.

If i do make a project, i will probably make something to do with stock control.
Reply 12
Okay VB.net ill keep that in mind. It's good to set yourself high targets, especially if it's something you like :smile:.

I guess im in the same position you were at AS, i can't code much, only simple programs like addition of two numbers or outputting some text. Luckily my two exams at AS are written and its mostly computer theory. The second paper has some algorithm questions but we're allowed to use pseudocode which is easy.

If i do make a project, i will probably make something to do with stock control.

Don't do stock control, stock control applications get very few marks because they its harder to make them complex.
For someone who knew what they were doing a stock control program could be coded in 1 day, all it is is an SQL database backend, a couple SELECT, UPDATE, DELETE and INSERT queries and you're done. That won't get you much marks, but that doesn't matter. Your idea would probably change by the time you get a bit more experience.
(edited 8 years ago)
Create a stock market simulator/game?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending