The Student Room Group

King's College London PhD Political Economy Research

Hey guys, I'm an applicant for PhD Political Economy research in KCL. Has anyone here completed the programme? If so, would you mind sharing some of your experience with me, particularly the taught part of the course and the training that you received.

From a conversation I had with my potential supervisor in KCL, she told me that the training in Economics at PhD level in KCL is limited. This is what worries me most, because although my research is in political economics, I'd be more interested in learning more about economics for the taught part of my PhD.

I am now choosing between PhD Political Economy Research in KCL and PhD Economics in the University of Glasgow and Nottingham. Any advice or comments (research environment and the taught part of the courses) on Glasgow and Nottingham would also help.

Thanks for any comments you may have.
Reply 1
Original post by Putthi Cheat Lim
Hey guys, I'm an applicant for PhD Political Economy research in KCL. Has anyone here completed the programme? If so, would you mind sharing some of your experience with me, particularly the taught part of the course and the training that you received.

From a conversation I had with my potential supervisor in KCL, she told me that the training in Economics at PhD level in KCL is limited. This is what worries me most, because although my research is in political economics, I'd be more interested in learning more about economics for the taught part of my PhD.

I am now choosing between PhD Political Economy Research in KCL and PhD Economics in the University of Glasgow and Nottingham. Any advice or comments (research environment and the taught part of the courses) on Glasgow and Nottingham would also help.

Thanks for any comments you may have.

I am doing a PhD at KCL at the moment, although in a different subject. Several of my fellow students actually have second supervisors at different unis, so might that be possible with you at UCL or LSE perhaps? You might also be able to access taught economic modules that way?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending