The Student Room Group

Whats the HARDEST A-LEVEL subject your opinion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jooooshy
Haha I'm messing with ya. Already knew you missed your offer. A*AA just doesn't cut it these days. Nighty night.

That's not what happened...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nothepreacher
I am guessing you have a long face, and you don't like little children called Tyler, Brendan or Charmaine.

Hahaaaa, he is soooooooo ignorant! He probably doesn't get out much, because he's better than everyone else

Do you like Gingers? Do you judge someone by their first name? Can you look at a list of names and decide the type of parenting that child has encountered....
Original post by cherryred90s
Do you like Gingers? Do you judge someone by their first name? Can you look at a list of names and decide the type of parenting that child has encountered....

I don't need an A level to do any of those things. Strawman fallacy. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SheLikeTheMango
Depends what board you do for Physics, I do OCR B and I feel it lacks a lot of maths. Which board do you do and what parts of maths are you using in Physics?

I do physics B and I felt like simply logical thinking in a math kind of way that isn't exactly math carried me through the tests despite the fact of a strong lack of revision. I generally get ~90% ish raw marks in tests, but how I did on teh actual paper I'll have to wait and see :smile:
Original post by Arieisit
I don't need an A level to do any of those things. Strawman fallacy. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

but if you are one of those people, your ignorance would be understood
Reply 386
Original post by cherryred90s
Agreed. What exam board do you do for psychology?

AQA :smile: Only have to do my unit 4 exam, PSYB4, until that subject is out of the way! :wink:

how about you?
Original post by SP0TIFY
AQA :smile: Only have to do my unit 4 exam, PSYB4, until that subject is out of the way! :wink:

how about you?

I'm with OCR, we both had an exam on the 9th and I think our next one is on the same day too, 16th? mines G544
Original post by FrostShot
I do physics B and I felt like simply logical thinking in a math kind of way that isn't exactly math carried me through the tests despite the fact of a strong lack of revision. I generally get ~90% ish raw marks in tests, but how I did on teh actual paper I'll have to wait and see :smile:

Lol the board is so bad that even you don't know what you do to answer the questions xD (no offence :tongue:)

It's a bad board, honestly wish we did another board or I didn't pick Physics at all. I think good teachers help a lot for physics and mine aren't that great.
Lol the board is so bad that even you don't know what you do to answer the questions xD (no offence :tongue:)

It's a bad board, honestly wish we did another board or I didn't pick Physics at all. I think good teachers help a lot for physics and mine aren't that great.

I had one really good teacher for physics and one teacher that did absolutely nothing.
I don't think it depends on the teacher that much. I do agree that I felt like it was a kind of weird exam, but once you get the hang of it it isn't that bad. You need to do like 3 past papers and then you will kind of get used to it. I remember being asked to measure a line and then use it to estimate how many pixels something was to determine its size in the photograph. I was like "okay... do I start measuring from the start of the arrowhead or the end of the arrowhead?"
And also the changing units all the time to trip you up is super annoying. But besides that, I'm kind of glad my school does this board since you don't really need to revise that much to do well on it.
x

I don't get how you say you don't revise and you get still do good in Physics with this board? Are you naturally good at Physics or is the Maths carrying you? There's hardly much Maths in G491 and G492 there is a bit more but not that much. This year's G492 had mostly written answers anyway :tongue:

I revised a lot for these exams but I still feel so unconfident what mark i got for physics this year
I don't get how you say you don't revise and you get still do good in Physics with this board? Are you naturally good at Physics or is the Maths carrying you? There's hardly much Maths in G491 and G492 there is a bit more but not that much. This year's G492 had mostly written answers anyway :tongue:

I revised a lot for these exams but I still feel so unconfident what mark i got for physics this year

I did revise, just not a lot. Maybe only about 12 past papers in total? I know I didn't use up all the past papers. I was scoring 65-70% ish at the start of the year but I was scoring approximately 90% after revising. You honestly don't have to revise more than 15 hours for this subject.

Essentially it's pretty much guaranteed that you will drop some marks on the hand written question, but the grade boundaries are quite low for the paper so as long as you get everything else correct and don't absolutely fail on the hand written questions, you will have done well.
(edited 8 years ago)
x

By the way, you are talking about OCR B and not AQA B right?
By the way, you are talking about OCR B and not AQA B right?

The two modules we did were Physics in Action and Proc/EXPMN/DATA HNDLNG WRTN

Pretty sure that is OCR B.

How much time did you spend revising? Also, don't read out of a textbook to revise only if you have not learnt the material. Getting into the habit of learning markschemes and thinking critically is much better.

This is what my revision time for A levels looked like

Physics: 15 hours ish?
Economics: 25-30 hours
Maths: 200-400 hours. No idea. I revised this one the most.
(edited 8 years ago)
The two modules we did were Physics in Action and Proc/EXPMN/DATA HNDLNG WRTN

Pretty sure that is OCR B.

How much time did you spend revising? Also, don't read out of a textbook to revise only if you have not learnt the material. Getting into the habit of learning markschemes and thinking critically is much better

Yes that is the same board :smile:
I don't use the textbook at all, its rubbish, it's like a story book about Physics. For revision, i did all the past papers and marked them for Physics in Action, and i just still felt unconfident with the real exam. I also use CGP revision guide and youtube videos to help understand theories.

I wish I was as good as you in Physics xD
Yes that is the same board :smile:
I don't use the textbook at all, its rubbish, it's like a story book about Physics. For revision, i did all the past papers and marked them for Physics in Action, and i just still felt unconfident with the real exam. I also use CGP revision guide and youtube videos to help understand theories.

I wish I was as good as you in Physics xD

I'm not good at physics lol... I was getting getting high Bs/Low As at the start of the year. I just learned the markschemes and it fixed the problems for me
A lot of people regard Psychology as an 'easy' subject, but I actually found it harder to get a good mark in the exam than English Lit or Music (both of which are tough subjects.) It's not hard in terms of understanding what the subject is teaching you, but the exams are ridiculous (WJEC). They are just memory tests, regurgitating essays. They're not even the sort of essays you can make up on the spot, but you must learn every single word and study n order to hope to pass! Most people last year got a D in PY4 Psychology, as they simply demand too much.
Home Economics
Chemistry OCR Salters can go to hell
Reply 399
Original post by thechemistress
Why is everybody saying chemistry? Chemistry is probably the easiest AS I do- I do Biology, chemistry, physics, maths and further maths.

Because they find it harder than you..just a thought.

Quick Reply

Latest