The Student Room Group

Whats the HARDEST A-LEVEL subject your opinion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TeeEm
this was the perception in the early eighties

I like you (which is rare) :laugh: . I'll be coming your way when my year 2 engineering maths gets irritating :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can work at it with chemistry but physics is for a select few.
AQA Physics. AQA chemistry was so easy, definite A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
history oh my god. i took STEM subjects+history at AS and it was with history that i struggled the most with by far
Chemistry or further maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 645
Original post by angelcake123
Chemistry or further maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

Plz don't say Chemistry
Original post by TheGreatImposter
Content wise chemistry is the easiest, exam wise chemistry is the hardest :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

at gcse it sure seemed like the opposite
Original post by GeorgeCB95
Physics then Chemistry then a language then Maths / Further Maths

physics and chem are harder than a lang and further maths?howcomes?
Original post by ComputerMaths97
I do Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Economics.

My ability causes from easiest to hardest:
Economics (all essay subjects are so easy - despite Economics being by far my worst grade, 0 effort put in and I see stupid people get A's)
Maths (Easiest subject there is if you got A* in Maths GCSE and Statistics GCSE)
Further Maths (Would be easier if all three of the Modules I did weren't predominantly taken by A2 students -_- And all my close friends find it incredibly hard so it couldn't go higher in list)

Physics... Just such specific mark schemes that no matter how good of an understanding you have, you cannot do well without tons of revision.

And any subject with Coursework might as well give a GCSE qualification it's the same level of difficulty.

dont physics have coursework?
Chemistry. I think Hess should be shot because if it weren't for his stupid law then I would definitely be in with a chance of getting an A 😡
i think philosophy is hard. philosophy was combined in my religious studies exam at gcse, and i got an a* for it but at a level, i scraped a pass in the exam. philosophy is a ambiguous and requires a lot of deep thinking and the ability to justify your opinion with valid arguments and it conflicted with some if by religious beliefs and it was hard to not input religious opinions into my essays
I took Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Economics.

Personally I would say, Economics>Further Maths>Physics>Maths

But only Economics was a challenge for me. ^^
Original post by youreanutter
dont physics have coursework?

Yeah, what's your point? It's 20% coursework, so getting 20% is piss easy.
Original post by OGGUS
Plz don't say Chemistry

Why not? Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 654

It's easy lol
Anything that doesn't have maths.
I've changed my mind to maths due to the rediculously high stupid grade boundaries they've released this year😤😤😤😤
Original post by OGGUS
It's easy lol

I don't do chem but from what I've seen in A Level results in my school, it looks pretty disastrous. Same students will gets As in bio, physics, maths or econ. But with chemistry, it just seems like the horrible subject. Some can do it and others can't. It's a gift that you find chem easy :P
Reply 658
Reply 659
I don't do chem but from what I've seen in A Level results in my school, it looks pretty disastrous. Same students will gets As in bio, physics, maths or econ. But with chemistry, it just seems like the horrible subject. Some can do it and others can't. It's a gift that you find chem easy :P

thanks for being for nice

Quick Reply

Latest