The Student Room Group

Warwick gem (a101) 2016 entry applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by liam__
Sorry guys, I was in a Durham interview and didn't get the email until now, but it was sent earlier. Keeping my fingers crossed for you both!

Cheers! Hoping I can follow in your footsteps :smile:

Well done on your offer! How did the Durham interview go?
Ok now I'm convinced it aint happening this year! I hope everyone here aces the interviews and I'll hopefully see you next year :smile: keep on swimming :wink:
Reply 582
Gaz, did you only apply to Warwick?
Original post by cma2
I have 692.5 and a 1:1 with a PGDip and haven't heard anything. Might help create more an idea towards the boundary.

Must have just missed it!

I've got 692.5 and 1:1 aswell, we must have been the next ones to get them. so disappointed
Original post by georgief94
I've got 692.5 and 1:1 aswell, we must have been the next ones to get them. so disappointed

You're not hopeful of the waiting list then?
Reply 585
Original post by georgief94

Yeah - it's really annoying isn't it. 5 ukcat points must be like 1 or 2 questions! Praying that there is some kind of second batch of interviews or something else just as mythical.
Original post by cma2
Yeah - it's really annoying isn't it. 5 ukcat points must be like 1 or 2 questions! Praying that there is some kind of second batch of interviews or something else just as mythical.

I think they've sent out their 384 places today.. But they mentioned a waiting list so do we think that any of the 384 won't accept the interview? Then you'll be next down the list...
Reply 587
Original post by TillyThea
I think they've sent out their 384 places today.. But they mentioned a waiting list so do we think that any of the 384 won't accept the interview? Then you'll be next down the list...

But with about 160 places on the course, surely if there are 384 interviews, then a few less people to interview = easier decisions? There's no rationale in interviewing a whole new set of people.
Original post by cma2
But with about 160 places on the course, surely if there are 384 interviews, then a few less people to interview = easier decisions? There's no rationale in interviewing a whole new set of people.

No I meant if by next Tuesday lets say 10 ppl decline the interview, then they send the invite out to another 10 as they have 384 places to fill for selection centre.. Or are you saying they won't bother trying to fill the 384 and will just run with whatever numbers have confirmed interviews..
I know there is 160 odd places and 380 selection day interviews... do we know how many offers are sent out after selection day?
Reply 590
No I meant if by next Tuesday lets say 10 ppl decline the interview, then they send the invite out to another 10 as they have 384 places to fill for selection centre.. Or are you saying they won't bother trying to fill the 384 and will just run with whatever numbers have confirmed interviews..

I presume the latter. I'd be thrilled to be proved wrong though (Providing I was in the next 10!)
Reply 591
Original post by Ben4757
Well done on your offer! How did the Durham interview go?

Thanks. I think it went reasonably well. The staff there were all very nice and friendly and the interviewers seemed interested and engaged. The experience definitely gave me a good impression of the uni.
Original post by cma2
I presume the latter. I'd be thrilled to be proved wrong though (Providing I was in the next 10!)

You're probably right but an email directly from them said they would 'invite 384 to selection centre and run a waiting list.' I guess you can take that to mean many different things..
Got my interview offer through and booked it all (8th at 8:30 am) but has anyone else noticed that step 2 isn't on the email? Is this just an error my end or do we all have it?
Reply 594
You're probably right but an email directly from them said they would 'invite 384 to selection centre and run a waiting list.' I guess you can take that to mean many different things..

We can but wait and see.

I feel sorry for everyone that didn't get an interview and had a huge headache getting proof of work experience from previous employers. It wasn't a huge drama for me, but it sounds as if some people had a really hard time. Especially gutting.
No one else chose Saturday then? :frown: I didn't want to take a day off work as I already have to for Barts.

To anyone feeling disheartened because Warwick was their first choice/last chance and no interview appeared, please keep trying. This was my third cycle and I got straight rejections without interviews the last two times. Each time you're a stronger, more knowledgeable candidate and closer to the goal. If I don't get a place after interview I will be trying again.
Original post by Torel
Gaz, did you only apply to Warwick?

No exeter asked for extra info too but I know my Gamsat disnt cut it for exeter and warwick is rrally where my heart's at - also the other 2 are rejections
Original post by Quilverine
No one else chose Saturday then? :frown: I didn't want to take a day off work as I already have to for Barts.

To anyone feeling disheartened because Warwick was their first choice/last chance and no interview appeared, please keep trying. This was my third cycle and I got straight rejections without interviews the last two times. Each time you're a stronger, more knowledgeable candidate and closer to the goal. If I don't get a place after interview I will be trying again.

Yay rock star! Great voice of confidence - definetly going to try again and good luck with this round!

I chose Saturday as well. I actually chose the very last time slot but I'm thinking of changing it to an earlier one as I feel like the interviewers might be a bit knackered by the time it gets to my turn

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Saturday here! 1pm-2.30pm. King's is my preferred choice and the interview is on the 8th so wanted to have the Warwick thing after. Sure, I will have more practice for the later interview but I know that my sleeping pattern will be messed up by the excitement so it's safer to keep this order.

Anyone getting to Warwick from London on Saturday the 9th?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending