The Student Room Group

An Open Letter To All Those Who Have Done Me Wrong In My Life

An Open Letter To All Those Who Have Done Me Wrong In My Life

This is an open letter to all those who have treated me horribly. I have trying to figure out ways to process my thoughts and emotions and I guess this is the right way for me, so here goes…

All my life I have suffered and I have been through it all. I have had knock-back and jabs left, right and center from people who should have been on my side and people who should have loved me and cared about me enough to never let me down.

This is an open letter to all those who have treated me badly in my life.

Be warned: it is not heartfelt, it is bittersweet, so don't hold your breath.

Also, if this has any spelling or grammar mistakes then I apologise in advice to those reading this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all, this letter is more for myself than it is for you. It is a therapeutic technique fr myself, so even though it is addressed to you it is and about you it is more for myself. This benefits me than it will ever benefit you. That is the intention of this letter. I need to let things go and this is the way to do it.

To the people who bullied me in primary school...you made me childhood years (which should have been my formative years and the best years of my life) ABSOLUTE HELL. I don't care if we were children, that is not an excuse. There is a special place in hell for people who bully and children are no exception.

To the people who bullied me in the first secondary school I went to. **** you, **** you all because you had no right to put me through that, and as stated previously there is a special place in hell for people like you.

To the teachers/members of staff who blamed me and punished for the bullying in primary and secondary school, **** you too. You all should have been there for me yet you failed me when I needed help and support.

To the friends who refused to support me I will never forgive you for that. You should never have blamed me especially when you all say what was happening. It was horrible and of course I'd fight back, it takes a lot of courage to fight against a group of people who are trying to tear you down, and I know you'd do the same.

To the friends who chose to stick by me and were on my side throughout, I salute you.

To the friends in the second secondary school I went to who were toxic and fake and horrible towards me I hate you all. You thought you could take my niceness and quietness for weakness, and you thought you could be cruel and try to hurt me verbally and put me down. I am so glad you lot are out of my life now you didn't deserve me as a friend. You never did. I should never have been friends with you lot, and with the benefit of hindsight I realise that you lot never ever respected me and hanging around with you lot was an embarrassment and a complete waste of time.

To the teachers in primary and secondary school who put me down, embarrassed me and made me feel as though I would never amount to anything **** you, I am at university now, I am not some total failure, and I am not an absent-minded waste of space and an odd excuse for a child so **** you! Just because you are teachers doesn't mean you know it all.

To the head of the sixth form of a school in my local area who insulted me and belittled me when I tried to enrol you had no right to speak to me that way, especially when I was going through a bad time. I didn't know you, and I still don't know you, but I can tell that you are nothing but a vile human being who makes judgements and assumptions about people. You are full of ****.

To the mentor I had in Year 12 who tore down my dreams of university. **** you. I am at university now. I will always be ambitious and I will always strive for success so nothing you can say or do will ever stop me.

To the teachers and other people who were horrible to me about failing A Levels and not getting into uni the first time round. **** you.

To the people at my former church who belittled me. **** you.

To the horrid flatmates I had in my first year of uni **** the pair of you. You are both full of **** and pieces of trash and I despise the pair of you. I was a good flatmate and I was kind yet you both threw it all in my face. You called me dumb, you called me a bitch, you shouted at me and you put me down. I ****ing hate you both.

To the fake friends at uni who bitch about me/to me. **** you. You clearly don't have any respect for me as a person with my own feelings, thought, opinions and emotions, so guess what? I have NO respect for you.

To the guy on my course who harassed me and wouldn't leave me alone when I said no no matter how 'Christian' you are there is a very special place in hell for guys like you. No matter how forceful and pushy you are I will NEVER go out with you or sleep with you, and we will NEVER be friends. I despise you and I refuse to associate with you. You clearly don't have respect for women and you treat them like objects. Did you really think I'd ever want be with an ugly cretin like you? Did you ever think that a woman like me independent, thinks for herself, has self-respect, has self-esteem, smart, ambitious, etc etc would ever want to be with a dickhead like you?? I will NEVER EVER be with someone like you. I don't want to date a man who has extremist views and is narrow-minded. I don't want to date a man who doesn't respect women and treats them like commodities, sexual objects and baby-making machines. I don't want to date a man who is associated with a radical religious organisation. I don't want to date a man who embarrasses me, humiliates me and shames me into feeling guilty just because I choose agency, identity and autonomy over him. Great men respect women and support them, not tear them down. You, are just vile and evil.

You are dense and delusional and you will never be the exception to my rules so go **** yourself.

Finally to my parents, **** the pair of you. You are both evil to the core, and the moment you both go to hell for all the evil things you did to me is the moment I can probably recover and start living life again.

Overall, I refuse to continue to remain bitter. I deserve to have my life back, and to move on with my life. I refuse to let anyone knock me down. The more you knock me down, the more I will pick myself back up and dust myself off and fight back. I will never stop standing up for myself and I will always fight back and fight for who I am and what I believe in.

So I shall continue with my life, enjoying it to the full with or without you and your nasty actions and comments, and with or without your approval and validation. Like trash I cut toxic people out. I refuse to associate with people who set out to bring me down and cause me nothing but hell. So I'll get on with my life, with or without acknowledgement of your presence.

I shall focus on forgiving myself, getting myself better and getting my life on track. It is not easy it is so hard to repair an adult, it is much better and much easier to give a child a good childhood but I will work hard at it. I acknowledge that I will be in recovery mode for a long time, but that is okay. These things take time and they are not to be rushed.

I want to forgive myself. I want to forgive myself for many things: for not standing up for myself when I should have done, for trying to take my life to escape my living hell, for harming myself physically and mentally, for not taking care of myself when I should have done, for neglecting myself, for not expressing my feelings, for internalising everything, for putting up with the suffering, for not speaking out sooner and for beating myself up about everything and blaming myself when NONE of it was ever my fault. After all, I didn't ask to have a bad childhood and a rough first year at university, no one does.

I will never forgive you all. I don't care to forgive you and I don't want to.

Why?

Because **** you.

That's why.

I don't owe any of you anything.

You will get absolutely no forgiveness, respect and sympathy from me.

Ciao.

Rant over.

Time to let go and move on.
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Reply 2
Just to add:

To the librarian at sixth form who put me down and spoke to me in a rude way like I'm nothing: **** you and go to hell. Just because you hate young people doesn't mean you should have ever taken it out on me. And perhaps you shouldn't be working at a school if you hate children and young people. You are nothing but a rude, nasty and mean old bitch.

To my grandparents, especially my grandmother. Go to hell. You are nothing but a vile, spiteful, ****-stirring and mean old witch and I wish you were dead.

To the social services and the social workers who should have helped me. **** you. You should have been there for me yet you failed me.

And I am not sorry for feeling this way, so **** you all.

P.S. It's so ironic how the so-called 'adults' in my life didn't act like adults at all.
Reply 3
Original post by shawn_o1
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Thank you :smile:
best wishes for the future, may it be infinitely better xxxxxxx
Reply 5
Original post by hungryhannah
best wishes for the future, may it be infinitely better xxxxxxx

Thank you :smile: I hope so to.
Reply 6
You absolute legend i have had a simalar back ground to you and i admire you for putting it into words which i have not been able to do, i am now 63 years old. but this does inspire me to do something about my situation. thankyou.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending