The Student Room Group

URGENT!! Writing WRONG question number in the margin

I took a History Paper 1 exam and we have to answer 3 questions from the list of 20 or so. And I answered Qs 5, 6, and 11 but Marked (in the margin) as Qs 5,6 and 9. Will I get penalised for this????

Anyone who have done the same in the past? How did it work out for you
Original post by rhduddlf
I took a History Paper 1 exam and we have to answer 3 questions from the list of 20 or so. And I answered Qs 5, 6, and 11 but Marked (in the margin) as Qs 5,6 and 9. Will I get penalised for this????

Anyone who have done the same in the past? How did it work out for you

I've never done this nor do I know anyone who has but I guess if their essay questions then the examiner will work out which question you're trying to answer if they're completely different.
Reply 2
Original post by Harri2648
I've never done this nor do I know anyone who has but I guess if their essay questions then the examiner will work out which question you're trying to answer if they're completely different.

Thanks for the comment, but I need reassurance... can't sleep because of this!!! ahghh
My friend did this last week in the English lit exam :smile: on the same day she went to the office to notify them and they said they couldn't alter the papers but they'd contact the exam board. I know it's half term, but could you get in touch with someone at school? Email, perhaps?
Original post by rhduddlf
Thanks for the comment, but I need reassurance... can't sleep because of this!!! ahghh

Email your college/school/universities exam officer? or exam person and they should sort it for you or ring up the exam board. I'm sure it won't be a problem
Reply 5
Don't worry- last year I came out of my History exam thinking I did this, and emailed OCR just in case. They emailed me back saying that when the examiner reads your answer they will realise this, and will simply get a different mark scheme. Good luck!
I'm not sure why you marked this as URGENT - there's not much you can do about it at this point. One way or another you might as well not worry about it.

My guess is that you won't be marked down for it because examiners aren't stupid.
Reply 7
Contact your exams officer asap and get them to notify the exams board. It should be okay so long as they're made aware.
Reply 8
Will I lose marks for writing wrong question number in Ssc board examinations?
Reply 9
Will I lose marks for writing wrong question number in ssc board examinations?

Quick Reply

Latest