The Student Room Group

forgot to write question number in boxes :(((

basically i just realised that i forgot to write the question numbers in the provided boxes in the pink answer booklet for my drama exam (AQA). i wrote the actual question numbers on the writing bit on the sheet but i’m kinda scared the electronic marking system won’t pick it up ://///////////// i honestly have no clue what to do, do u reckon they’ll still mark it ???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Most likely as long as the number is clearly stated in your answer, the examiner can input it manually or view how many marks they can award for the answer. It would likely just take them a little longer to interpret the paper. Not something to be worried about.
Reply 2
Original post by tputnam
Most likely as long as the number is clearly stated in your answer, the examiner can input it manually or view how many marks they can award for the answer. It would likely just take them a little longer to interpret the paper. Not something to be worried about.

massive relief, thanks for the clarification!
Reply 3
You could always speak to your Exams Officer as I am only speculating. They would never discredit you if you have accidentally made a mistake. Otherwise, on results day, if you notice that this exam is marked lower than expected, request a remark.
Reply 4
I did the exact same thing in the first English literature out of habit and I am panicking
Reply 5
Hi I did the same thing today did ur question get marked?
Reply 6
Original post by shaniamc
Hi I did the same thing today did ur question get marked?

i got my expected grade so i’m assuming it didn’t make a difference !
Reply 7
Well done all the same, shows you that it works out!
Original post by anakarinas
i got my expected grade so i’m assuming it didn’t make a difference !
Reply 8
Original post by tputnam
Well done all the same, shows you that it works out!

ahhh thanks!! it really does
Reply 9
Thankyou for reassurance forgot to include question number in English and was really panicking that it wouldn’t be marked
ahhh thanks!! it really does
I just did this today with my drama gcse and my english lit one the other day, and i’ve only just realised, however i did write the question number next to my answer, will this be okay? Sorry to ask lol but i’m really stressed about it now :frown:
Original post by Annahogan
I just did this today with my drama gcse and my english lit one the other day, and i’ve only just realised, however i did write the question number next to my answer, will this be okay? Sorry to ask lol but i’m really stressed about it now :frown:

that’s exactly what i did for my drama - i ended up with my expected grade in the end so i’m assuming it didn’t make a difference, so don’t worry!!
Reply 12
I actually emailed aqa and they said it’s completely fine as examiners will be able to work out which question through your answer!
basically i just realised that i forgot to write the question numbers in the provided boxes in the pink answer booklet for my drama exam (AQA). i wrote the actual question numbers on the writing bit on the sheet but i’m kinda scared the electronic marking system won’t pick it up ://///////////// i honestly have no clue what to do, do u reckon they’ll still mark it ???

They’ll understand based on the content, they won’t just not mark it.
Thank you so much! I worked really hard on those answers and to get them unmarked for a silly mistake would be so stupid of me 😂 My friends tweeted AQA as well hopefully they respond. Thank you again for your help!
Reply 15
A78846AE-EFBA-4A51-A755-844F9070DBCD.png
Thank you so much! I worked really hard on those answers and to get them unmarked for a silly mistake would be so stupid of me 😂 My friends tweeted AQA as well hopefully they respond. Thank you again for your help!
I honestly can’t thank you enough!!! You’ve saved me a lot of stress thank you so much!! Good luck to you if you are doing exams also!!
Original post by shaniamc
A78846AE-EFBA-4A51-A755-844F9070DBCD.png

: :five: its okay :smile: did you get your grade in the end?
Is this the same for all the different gcse papers ??
Reply 19
I assume so
Original post by Izzy12370
Is this the same for all the different gcse papers ??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending