The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PQ
If you're getting a remark then you only need to get in touch with your unis if you're Track says you're still conditional or have been rejected. If you miss the grades there's a good chance you'll be accepted anyway in which case you can get a remark for your own satisfaction but you don't have to worry about informing your unis.

With all remarks (if your firm don't accept you with lower grades) it is best to keep both firm and insurance informed.

PQ would you please spare a minute to answer a query of mine regarding my UCAS application...

Last year (2014) I was certificated AS Levels in Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Further Maths. I held off applying to university in year 13 because I was not happy with these results.(They weren't good enough to apply to top uni's such as Imperial) I will apply to university for 2016 entry during my gap year.

Fast forward to now.. On the 13th I will be certificated A Levels in Physics, Chemistry, Maths and will be certificated again for that Further Maths AS Level, and due to a potential new rearrangement of modules from Maths and Further Maths, this particular AS Level grade could increase.

I will no doubt be very happy with my grades this time round because my A2 Level performance has been great and I have retaken some AS modules to make up for year 12.

My question is .. what qualifications will I have to put on my UCAS application when applying for 2016 entry with my 3 A Levels and 1 AS Level qualifications that were certificated in 2015. Do I have to give my AS results that were certificated in 2014????????

I'm hoping to apply to Imperial to study Civil Engineering.
the suspense is becoming unbearable- I can't focus on the stupid ukcat now :frown:
Reply 5982
okay really confused! So, when I sent off my UCAS form I only paid 11 pounds because I only applied for one university. Say I don't meet the requirments will I go into clearing? A friend told me that only if you paid the full 23 pounds only then will I be eligible for clearing.. is this true?
Reply 5983
Original post by Notions
what qualifications will I have to put on my UCAS application when applying for 2016 entry with my 3 A Levels and 1 AS Level qualifications that were certificated in 2015. Do I have to give my AS results that were certificated in 2014????????

This might be helpful.
WHO'S READY FOR RESULTS DAY WOOOO A WEEK TOMORROW :ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5985
Original post by Dylann
WHO'S READY FOR RESULTS DAY WOOOO A WEEK TOMORROW :ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Interesting approach.
I am stuck, my school still didn't send the buzzword and I can't freaking complete my UCAS application!!
Anybody else who receives their results through email find it a bit lonely? I think I'd prefer the sense of community (probably not the right word to use) that getting results from your college or school offers. For me I'm just sat at home by myself when I get them. Granted, I do get them at 6am but when Track doesn't update until 8am, I can't see much benefit to early results.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by sigh12
okay really confused! So, when I sent off my UCAS form I only paid 11 pounds because I only applied for one university. Say I don't meet the requirments will I go into clearing? A friend told me that only if you paid the full 23 pounds only then will I be eligible for clearing.. is this true?

Your friend is correct.

"How Clearing Works:

If you originally only applied for one course (for the reduced fee of £12) you'll have to pay an additional £11 to enable you to apply for multiple courses."

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/results/no-offers-use-clearing
Original post by PlayerBB
I am stuck, my school still didn't send the buzzword and I can't freaking complete my UCAS application!!

Don't worry about it, you don't need to send it off for ages yet! I didn't start my application until year 13 started and changed my mind about my course in October. My application still got sent off before Christmas. Unless you're looking to apply for Oxbridge, you have a good 5 months yet. :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by roseannex
I don't remember what I did for my procedure, I just know it was terrible haha. Yeah you may be right on that one, I was just writing about Thigpen and Cleckley so I think I went into psychodynamic perspective mode without really thinking about it. Let's hope for lenient markers and low grade boundaries!

Yeah I am hoping for nice grade boundaries since a lot of people said it was relatively hard. Actually saying that both exams were hard because what came up especially in health hand clinical people hadn't prepared for, I guess this should teach people to prepare early so you are able to do any question they through at you.

As for going psychodynamicy I agree that is what I may have done if I had answered it, in all honesty we weren't taught the approaches this year and I am glad because they become so complicated at A2 as you have so many studies to choose from. That was probably the hardest bit for me of G544 was thinking of the best study or the study which I knew the most about to back up my points.
I've been debating with myself as to whether I should just cry in advance. :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You have till Oxtober for early application.
Why have so many clearing vacancies disappeared?
Does that mean they are no longer available?

Is this for next year? Ucas 2016 entry doesn't open until mid September.
Original post by taikibansei
Don't worry about it, you don't need to send it off for ages yet! I didn't start my application until year 13 started and changed my mind about my course in October. My application still got sent off before Christmas. Unless you're looking to apply for Oxbridge, you have a good 5 months yet. :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, thank you!! :biggrin:
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Is this for next year? Ucas 2016 entry doesn't open until mid September.

Applications open for starting in June (entering details etc) but they can't be sent off until mid September.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Windies
You have till Oxtober for early application.

Oh!!
Original post by CD223
Applications open for starting in June (entering details etc) but they can't be sent off until mid September.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You've quoted the wrong person, I think.
Original post by Elelea
Anybody else who receives their results through email find it a bit lonely? I think I'd prefer the sense of community (probably not the right word to use) that getting results from your college or school offers. For me I'm just sat at home by myself when I get them. Granted, I do get them at 6am but when Track doesn't update until 8am, I can't see much benefit to early results.

In fact, getting your results early before the track updates can be better than checking the track before getting your results. Of course you might think you want to check the track first because you just want to know whether you've been accepted or not because that's more important to you, and that seeing your results before checking the track could be risky as you might not have achieved the minimum grades required by your firm/insurance and so that would leave you in horror. But if you think about the situation as a whole it would be better to see your results before checking the track. Here what I think how this works:

If you achieve the grades you wanted for your firm then you would know that you are definitely accepted by your firm which would give you the happiness of being accepted and getting your grades.

If you don't achieve the grades required by your firm but achieve the grades required by your insurance then you would know that you've definitely been accepted by your insurance, but there is also the possibility that still you've been accepted by your firm which would lift you to the moon after checking the track. The same argument holds when you don't achieve the grades required by your insurance but you still get accepted by your insurance.

By the way, this is what I would do because I love surprises but, at the end of the day, it's up to you :tongue:

Latest