The Student Room Group

I think my girlfriend is going to break up with me in the summer after uni..

Hello,

Basically, i met a girl before university and this is my first long term relationship, we had an awesome summer and both worried about university, anyway the first term was fine, we both saw each other like every 2/3 weeks and we used the train (about 2 hour journey) it was great! 2nd term fine again, however in the third term back for easter she just seemed off and uninterested in me (plus the sex kinda just dropped).. i couldn't figure out what it was and we are very close so we talked about it, she explained it was exam stress and stuff, i didn't think it was this but i realised she was super stressed over her exams and decided to take be more laidback..

Anyway 3rd term we haven't seen each other at all, i know its hard with exams so we said we'd see each other in the summer, however i've seriously struggled not seeing her and she hasn't been that bothered by the sounds of it, in the 1st term she was almost needy to me as in i'd go out and she text me during the night, now its i'm always waiting for her to reply to me... it just seems like she's completely gone off me in her 3rd term..

Anyway, i always remind her that i love her and she has stopped returning that, saying just like i'm being cute and whatnot. I'm so afraid she's going to break up with me in the summer... like she seems to be distancing me and all i want is to be there with her.. i just don't know whats changed. She said we'd see how it goes in the summer..

Im going home from uni soon so definitely some time with my family will help no doubt, but for the last two weeks i've been having sleepless nights and just being paranoid ? I know she wouldn't have done anything with another guy or anything because i know she's not like that.

I just wanted to get this off my chest and any responses are appreciated.
that's why you shouldn't emotionally invest in someone you are unable to see frequently
Reply 2
You need to know where you stand. Bottom line. It's clearly affecting you. You're thinking about the situation, her, writing in a forum, taking to friends etc. You're investing all your time with this but how much time are you investing in your studies? Is this affecting your studies? I understand your position as I have been there. I used to spend hours thinking about a girlfriend or a girl friend I was besotted with who didn't give me the attention I deserved and I didn't know why. It affected my studies and I had the worst summer after first year at uni studying for retake exam to get back into second year.

You need to find out the 'why' and get an answer from her. It would be good to get an answer about your relationship and if she still loves you/if you're still together before you go home for a break. That way if it's bad news, you have family/friends around you for emotional support. So have a chat with her and see if you can find out. But if she comes out with the same answers she's already given, just back off and give her some space. She may be genuinely stressed out with her exams. Stress of uni and exams affects different people in different ways.

Whatever happens, be strong, emotionally. Take your mind off this by focusing on your studies and spending time with friends who will lift your mood. It's hard but try. And whatever happens, don't let this ruin your studies! Let us know how you get on..
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending