The Student Room Group

it's hard to make conversation with her sometimes.

i'm getting to know someone and we might start going out.

one problem, for me, is that she can be quite hard to talk too. she gives one word replies texting and on facebook. she isn't being rude, it's just the way she is.

she can be quite good to talk to in person at times, but it's still a little hard to get a good conversation going.

this might seem a dealbreaker, but i still 'feel' things, so should i just see how it goes?
Well if she's good in person but just not a good talker on Facebook, try Skyping/FaceTiming her. Even Snapchat will probably make conversation flow better
Original post by localblackguy
Well if she's good in person but just not a good talker on Facebook, try Skyping/FaceTiming her. Even Snapchat will probably make conversation flow better

perhaps. it's a bit worrying she can be a bit hard to talk to at times in person, but i guess if you 'feel' it, you look past that.
I don't think being a good "talker" on Facebook, text, etc. is important in a relationship at all. It's not fundamental to a successful relationship.
See how it goes and relax. If you know that's just how she is, then just don't take it personally when she doesn't say much, and you'll be fine.
I am the other way round, socially awkward etc. can barely start let alone hold a conversation. And it is hell actually trying to do this for us.
Best thing to do i would think is to keep talking to her and try to find out her interests, you might get more of a response if you can talk to her about something she is emotionally involved in because it is easier to talk about those subjects I find (for me it is religion and school that i find easiest to talk about, because of the impact they have in my life right now)
Tell her what you just told us...honestly if it goes right you two will have a great 'heart to heart' and she will open to you and maybe you will find out why she's like that!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending