The Student Room Group

Whats your favourite airline to fly with?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EmiratesCaptain
Oh really? Well yeah you've got to start small anyway like ryanair/easyjet/thomas cook because Emirates and bigger airlines only take experienced pilots - but thanks for the advice haha!

I'm going into uni to do engineering first though as a back up :tongue:

Well actually several of the bigger airlines have agreements with training providers to train co-pilots from scratch on a320's. I met another guy who was about 3 months away from starting with BA. I was kinda jealous haha
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 61
Emirates for when I fly east and Norwegian for inside of Europe and for when I go to the United States, mostly because Norwegian has wifi on planes and goes to smaller airports where I'll receive less hassle, Emirates on the other hand has never given me any hassle
Original post by Smilin’ Knight
Well actually several of the bigger airlines have agreements with training providers to train co-pilots from scratch on a320's. I met another guy who was about 3 months away from starting with BA. I was kinda jealous haha

Haha where did you meet all these pilots? :tongue:
But yes I am aware of these programmes and hope to apply after i finish uni. I can't think of a better job than becoming a pilot tbh... salaries are amazing and you essentially get paid to go on holiday!

You should consider it :smile: Or do you have other plans?
Original post by EmiratesCaptain
Haha where did you meet all these pilots? :tongue:
But yes I am aware of these programmes and hope to apply after i finish uni. I can't think of a better job than becoming a pilot tbh... salaries are amazing and you essentially get paid to go on holiday!

You should consider it :smile: Or do you have other plans?

Have you looked into the pilot training scheme at Cathay's Airways? I think they pay you and fully sponsor your flight education. it's supposedly very competitive mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Emirates. I was born in Dubai so it's tradition in my family whenever we go back. Other than whatever is available on short notice.
Ryanair nothing more luxurious
Original post by shawn_o1
Singapore definitely (but they're too expensive nowadays)

I have flown mostly with Singapore Airlines all my life and I have to say they are by far the best. The crew are always so friendly and even for aeroplane food - it's quite okay actually! Have to agree on the price front, but then again I scream at the prices of ketchup these days let alone flights, although I would much rather pay more for quality.
Air India duhhhhhhhhhhhhh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlNznfGE9lk

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by earthworm
Malasia is the best out of the carriers I have flown with.

They're screwed now though they're firing huge numbers of staff and their reputation has been blown to pieces ironically enough exactly like and because of their last incident, thanks ukraine...
Original post by SceneKid17
Emirates, Virgin Atlantic, and Etihad are all great but British Airways are 1st for me without a doubt... they have great customer service

Virgin and BA ... evil buggers Virgin made me wait 13 hours for a flight which was 2nd rate at best and BA need to invest in cleaners for their flights haha Virgin Australia is pretty good though
Original post by Soldieroffortune
They're screwed now though they're firing huge numbers of staff and their reputation has been blown to pieces ironically enough exactly like and because of their last incident, thanks ukraine...

Virgin and BA ... evil buggers Virgin made me wait 13 hours for a flight which was 2nd rate at best and BA need to invest in cleaners for their flights haha Virgin Australia is pretty good though

ah really? trust me i once had to wait a whole day for an airline im not even gonna mention on here. BA are awesome im hoping to work for them one day :wink:
Original post by Princepieman
Have you looked into the pilot training scheme at Cathay's Airways? I think they pay you and fully sponsor your flight education. it's supposedly very competitive mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah thanks for letting me know though! It's a bit like BA's scheme.. but i don't know whether I'm willing to go and live in hong kong :/ It's a big move to somewhere i'm not used too...
Schleigg Airlines
Original post by DesmondHarry
american airlines

How is this stuff allowed to get on lol. There was a 'I want to kill all muslims' thread deleted a short time ago.
Malaysian airlines obv, you plebs dont understand the thrill.
Lufthansa
Original post by I_Spread_Ebola
Malaysian airlines obv, you plebs dont understand the thrill.

OMG I'm literally dying at your comment 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂. Lost in laughter RN.

(Please don't take any offence, anyone. Of course the past tragic events in which many past-away is very serious and sad. Meant it nothing more than a lighthearted joke.)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Singapore Airlines definitely, although I haven't flown with Emirates or Etihad so I can't really compare
I like to fly with BA.

Other airlines which I've had good experiences with are: SAS (they're always very good with customer service)

Lufthansa - but haven't flown with them in a while; so they might've changed.

Air NZ is good for long distance.

------

Airlines I hate.

Ryanair - yucky; but I can't refuse £20 return flights to visit relatives whenever I want. Lol.

United - had a bad experience with them.

Air France - mehhhhhhh.

Thomson - mehhhhhh.

Easy Jet - mehhhhhhhh.

And lastly; although I've never flown with American Airlines, I don't think I ever will, after hearing the racism passengers face.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
FlyLo
I've only ever flown with EasyJet and Ryanair. In terms of crew, my experience with Ryanair was the best and in terms on comfort and the plane itself, Easyjet were better so would say overall Easyjet were the best airline I've flown with. I didn't feel like trapped cattle in their plane like I did with Ryanair.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest