The Student Room Group

Studied too much

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dinaa
Nope it is not :sad:

High five with the anxiety. We will be :jumphug:

Aww, well I've seen people have retaking like 7-9 AS exams and doing A2. I guess it will be extremely hard, but hey, it's all we can do.

High five! It's literally my worst enemy, along with school. :mad:
Original post by Dinaa
I'm not telling anyone my grades. Thing is, I'm new to my sixth form and I came in like "I'm not going to make any friends", "I'm going to study 24/7 and get A's".

I started so well and I was getting really good mock grades. Everyone in my year was like 'Damn, this girl is studying 24/7, she knows her **** blahblahblah'.

But really, I could only properly study in school. In school, during break, lunch and class, I'd work hard. I'd go home and stop. Start procrastinating and what not. Things around October-Febuary all went down hill, with depression and panic disorder.. Grandmother passing away etc.. I'd bunk like 3 days of school every week lol. Cry in the mornings, knowing I'd have to go school.

So from there, everything went down hill. Have no friends (well a few) in my new school, so no one found out what was actually going on in my life. They say "Oh please, you blatantly study 24/7 when you go home", "you'll get an A because you know your ****", when actually I don't and I haven't done jack **** :erm:

Anyway, no one else is to blame. Going to resit a lot and I WILL BE ON MY GAME NEXT YEAR, I promise :blushing:

Ah I know how it feels,I might bot have gotten my As I worked so hard for Biology and Chemistry.I also flopped one of my physics units because I panicked and two of my maths modules because I spent more time studying for my Biology and Chemistry unit 2s.
The worst thing will be on results day when you see the face of disappointment from your teachers,get asked about your grades from your classmates and get the talk(more like shouting) from your parents :frown:.
Original post by Anonymous
I decided to study for my AS chemistry, biology, psychology and sociology a week before the exams started.

Should of studied since October - December. A week is not enough
Original post by Valyrian
It's a bit late considering you've finished your exams :lol:

:lol:
Original post by Mesosleepy

WTF are you on?

Studying since Easter is fine........

I even started revising a week before exams and I got AAAC at AS, it all depends on the person
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Chemistry lol HELL no! You don't understand how bad it went yesterday, I felt like laughing hysterically in the exam room when the invigilator said we had 5 minutes left, then when I got out I just wanted to die!! :frown: I will have to re-sit! How did it go for you?

Is this the ocr exam? I reached the last question and for about 10 minutes I just stared at the page! I genuinely thought that I wouldn't be able to put anything down. I flopped bad.
Original post by Lularose83
Is this the ocr exam? I reached the last question and for about 10 minutes I just stared at the page! I genuinely thought that I wouldn't be able to put anything down. I flopped bad.

No edexcel, IT WAS AWFUL! I felt that way for more than the last page haha

Yeah well thats what Im gonna do in year 13, gotta smash those exams :colonhash:
Original post by Dancatpro
WTF are you on?

Studying since Easter is fine........

I even started revising a week before exams and I got AAAC at AS, it all depends on the person

I know, but studying between October - December is more safe. However, I do understand that everyone is different so my apologies
Original post by Olivia009
Yeah well thats what Im gonna do in year 13, gotta smash those exams :colonhash:

The question is, are you prepared to risk your social life for this?
The question is, are you prepared to risk your social life for this?

Never really had one :colondollar: I'm leaving this country anyway after alevels so adios my friends.
Year 13 can come

Quick Reply

Latest