The Student Room Group

How to gain weight?

Scroll to see replies

Eating more protein. You might need to do a search on foods containing protein.
Reply 21
Eat.
Reply 22
It's really not that difficult. You wanna grow you gotta eat. If you think you're eating enough but still can't add weight then its simple..... you eat more.

Protein shakes are decent to get a quick source of Protein in you but you should never replace whole foods/meals with shakes. If they were all so brilliant at getting the body we wanted do you really think they would be as cheap as they are?

Same with all these fad diet plans/shakes that are going around.. Juice Plus/Herbalife etc all a load of crap.

Serious eat like a king and train like a mother henr!

Various supplements will aid in recovery time and getting essential nutrients/vitamins to your body where you may struggle to get with whole foods, but overall just eat and lift bro. You'll be weak as a louse at the start but keep at it and don't let anyone put you off what you're gonna be doing. Everyone started off skinny one day.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by JakeyWV
It's really not that difficult. You wanna grow you gotta eat. If you think you're eating enough but still can't add weight then its simple..... you eat more.

Protein shakes are decent to get a quick source of Protein in you but you should never replace whole foods/meals with shakes. If they were all so brilliant at getting the body we wanted do you really think they would be as cheap as they are?

Same with all these fad diet plans/shakes that are going around.. Juice Plus/Herbalife etc all a load of crap.

Serious eat like a king and train like a mother hen!

Various supplements will aid in recovery time and getting essential nutrients/vitamins to your body where you may struggle to get with whole foods, but overall just eat and lift bro. You'll be weak as a louse at the start but keep at it and don't let anyone put you off what you're gonna be doing. Everyone started off skinny one day.

I agree to a point, however people tend to get fat eating like a king. Also protein shakes to work in increasing mass by upping protein in your diet. That isn't comparable to the scams that are Juice Plus and Herbalife.

Also there's a swear filter for a reason, pls don't avoid it by not starring all the swear word out :smile:
Original post by Angry cucumber
I agree to a point, however people tend to get fat eating like a king. Also protein shakes to work in increasing mass by upping protein in your diet. That isn't comparable to the scams that are Juice Plus and Herbalife.

Also there's a swear filter for a reason, pls don't avoid it by not starring all the swear word out :smile:

Mr GYM lad knows it all !!
You are >20% so you're nobody to talk
Original post by unfathomablee
I am looking to go gym this summer and put on muscle, however I am extremely skinny/slim. I am 6ft 1 and weigh in at 62kg. Is there anyway for me to gain weight quickly through shakes or certain diets?Appreciate any response

You're best method of doing so would be a beginners strength programme such as 'Strating Strength' or 'Stronglifts' both 5x5 strength programmes combined with a clean (relatively) diet that is high in protein and gets you a calorie surplus.

Quick Reply

Latest