The Student Room Group

Do you prefer spirits or beers or wine? How many units can you handle before you pass

Scroll to see replies

I don't drink to get drunk; it's an occasional side-effect. When I drink, it's mostly good beer (if I can get a double/imperial IPA I'll have that any day), but sometimes wine (mostly dry white). I don't get why people drink things they don't like the taste of.
Bulleit bourbon, port, and Hennesey XO.
Beer. Always beer. Don't care how illustrious or akin-to-cat-urine the offering is. I'll drink it. Having said that, much like other stuff, I'll usually settle for a cheaper tipple. I'm not interested in regularly drinking £5 pints of Meantime 'Fresh Lager'.

If I'm chirpy in the evening I'll have three cans at home. If I'm in the pub at the weekend I'll have 4-6 pints of either ale or lager, depending on whether I've judged the place to be trustworthy in terms of ale upkeep.

More than six will earn me a mighty hangover. New Year's Eve I did 12. Thank **** New Year's Day is a bank holiday.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by keromedic
Traditional apple cider? I prefer pear or strawberry/raspberry and lime cider.

That's not cider, its alcopops.
Original post by rockrunride
Beer. Always beer. Don't care how illustrious or akin-to-cat-urine the offering is. I'll drink it.

Same haha. :smile:
Reply 25
I received my 5 litre desperados keg today from beersbongs4you.com that'll probably fill a small hole. :smile:
Original post by miser
I drink Thatcher's Gold

Love that drink.
Would it be frowned upon if a female was to have pints at a pub, for example?
Original post by Emily.97

No, and especially not in Oxford.

Not at all.
Original post by TheDefiniteArticle
No, and especially not in Oxford.

Why Oxford?
I'm not massively keen on most spirits, even the cocktails I drink are wine based. I like a Desperados or Corona when it comes to beer and love Old Mout ciders - they're lush.

I'm definitely more of a wine drinker. I generally go for a really dry Pinot Grigio with more fruity notes and a good Chenin or Sauvignon Blanc. When it comes to red wine I'm not really fussed at all!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 32
Beers when out, Spirits at home.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Not at all.

Are you sure?
Ive never been on a night out, although i have already established that i tend to prefer things like cider to wine. My dad once said it may be considered un-ladylike or manly to order a pint. Dont wanna be deemed that way at uni..
Original post by Davedeer
I received my 5 litre desperados keg today from beersbongs4you.com that'll probably fill a small hole. :smile:

I'm a big fan of cuevo gold tequila and i browsed this site looking at the drinking games specifically. I like the look of the Foosball Shots game and was just wondering how long it would take to be delivered?
Reply 35
Original post by AdamGeorge94
I'm a big fan of cuevo gold tequila and i browsed this site looking at the drinking games specifically. I like the look of the Foosball Shots game and was just wondering how long it would take to be delivered?

It took 5 days for me, think it's up to a week though Adam
Are you sure?
Ive never been on a night out, although i have already established that i tend to prefer things like cider to wine. My dad once said it may be considered un-ladylike or manly to order a pint. Dont wanna be deemed that way at uni..

Yeah definitely, nobody will care. It will be fine. I see more women drinking wine in my local pub and on nights out but I see plenty drinking pints.

If you're self conscious maybe order in half pint glasses or something. Or order bottles.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Yeah definitely, nobody will care. It will be fine. I see more women drinking wine in my local pub and on nights out but I see plenty drinking pints.

If you're self conscious maybe order in half pint glasses or something. Or order bottles.

Yeah, ill probably get a half pint.
Thanks for the heads up :tongue:
Best drink in the world..

Reply 39
Love that drink.

Think I'll have one now.

Quick Reply

Latest