The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Maths Higher Paper 1 - Thursday 04th June

Scroll to see replies

Original post by skoolkid4493
Did anyone else find the aqa maths paper kinda hard :/

Dreadful, I've really ballsed it up :frown:
Original post by heyj389
What did people get for the bus time? 8:40? and was the sequence question 52-6n? and for the question about mean of 18 did you get 19?

I got those same answers.... Shame about the rest of it tho :frown:
Let's all just think positive, and let's try our best on the calculator paper, who knows that might be easier as this paper was quite hard?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ragged13
That's why :smile:

What's Edexcel then? Another step after AQA?

No I don't think so, its just a different exam board that the school chooses, most schools around my area are doing maths on the Edexcel exam board
Original post by Fletchard
No I don't think so, its just a different exam board that the school chooses, most schools around my area are doing maths on the Edexcel exam board

Thanks for a rapid reply and explaination.
Original post by Samfurness98
It probs will be 49-50+ A* 38-48 A, 28-37 B and then for a C 18-27

Couldn't be that low! Looking at the grade boundries for the last 3 years
Non calc:
70-54 A*, 53-42 A, 41-30 B, 29-18 C
Calc:
85+ A*, 83-64 A, 63-46 B, 45-27 C
Again, just based off previous grade boundries, wish you all the best! :smile:
For all who feel a bid down about todays exam, do not worry,

2nd paper has much more marks to get, so overall you might end up with some good results! 1 week to go, spend some time on revision. Don't know something? Google it, or use youtube.

Good luck!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 67
Original post by ragged13
For all who feel a bid down about todays exam, do not worry,

2nd paper has much more marks to get, so overall you might end up with some good results! 1 week to go, spend some time on revision. Don't know something? Google it, or use youtube.

Good luck!

Thank you👍😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
lol it was really hard. i was aiming for an A* and currently i'm a sustained A but looks like that's unlikely now. prob get a B :/
Reply 69
Did anyone get 110 for the question which said find angle y? Also what did everyone get when it said w=3l or something like that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
Which topics can i revise for calculator? Recommended ones and ones which will give good marks, ones which often come or are predicted!!! Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tsr1807
Did anyone get 110 for the question which said find angle y? Also what did everyone get when it said w=3l or something like that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, for the angle one I got 110, and for the w=3l I got w=7.5 and l=2.5
Reply 72
Original post by Verigans
Couldn't be that low! Looking at the grade boundries for the last 3 years
Non calc:
70-54 A*, 53-42 A, 41-30 B, 29-18 C
Calc:
85+ A*, 83-64 A, 63-46 B, 45-27 C
Again, just based off previous grade boundries, wish you all the best! :smile:

LOOL! Non calc A 42-53? Never ever has this happened. Even in the past 5 years. Proof?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tsr1807

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I got that for angle y! Woo, finally at least something right (lol)! I put something stupid there, I don't even remember. That one confused the **** outta me.
At my school, everyone who came out of the exam had mixed reactions: some found it difficult and others found it easy. I don't think the grade boundaries will change that much.

Personally I thought it wasn't too bad although it could have been better, I'll probably get between 48-53

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by abbeyjayne
lol it was really hard. i was aiming for an A* and currently i'm a sustained A but looks like that's unlikely now. prob get a B :/

I was hoping for A* too having worked hard and getting the grades on past papers... Unless I can rectify this with paper 2 in looking at a B :frown:
Original post by Fletchard
Oh okay thanks a lot! I did the volume of the cone and the cylinder in my working out would this get me at least a couple of marks? I didn't understand what it meant by 6m over the vertices of the cone but i understand now :smile:

You're welcome. Working often gets you more marks than you think :smile:
Original post by skoolkid4493
Did anyone else find the aqa maths paper kinda hard :/

Yup, I thought it was only me! I didn't even manage to finish the paper.....
Reply 78
Original post by abbiestaton
Yeah, for the angle one I got 110, and for the w=3l I got w=7.5 and l=2.5

Oh no did it ask what L was? I only got 7.5😭😭
did anyone understand the question on the rectangular shape with a triangle and it said to calculate the length BC?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending