The Student Room Group

OCR History GCSE (Paper 2, British Depth Study)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by funcrazy276
hi does any one have any tips for the history exam on wednesday ..........im doing britian 1890-1918
and i really stuggle with sources and the twelve marker

After reading examiners reports:
It's good to use context but make sure it's useful in backing up your point

Know the difference between message and purpose, and reliability and utility

There's no point quoting sources if you don't fully explain how that answers the question

Everyone can describe a source, and a lot of people do this when comparing two sources. Make sure you're always thinking about the message etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im predicting Evacuation,Beveridge Plan and NHS sources
Reply 63
Im thinking Women's will come up because it hasn't been up in any june's since 2010
I doubt women suffrage will come up because the mock exams OCR sent to all the schools this year had women on them, so my teachers thinks it will be Liberal Reforms
Original post by wearsj012
I doubt women suffrage will come up because the mock exams OCR sent to all the schools this year had women on them, so my teachers thinks it will be Liberal Reforms

Can you get the mock papers online?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
liberal reforms came in june 2013 though
Yeah which was two years ago... It would be a bit weird if they sent a mock out to the whole country on women, and then done the actual exam on it. However, no one knows, any of the three could come up, and i don't know wether you could get it online, my teacher gave it to me
We have been told that our paper is on all three due to the new format with it have sources from all of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
what mock paper, my school didn't any :/
Original post by Ladiesman271
We have been told that our paper is on all three due to the new format with it have sources from all of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why are so many people saying this 😭 is it actually true? My teachers haven't mentioned anything about it at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
Original post by ScreamingWhisper
Why are so many people saying this 😭 is it actually true? My teachers haven't mentioned anything about it at all

Posted from TSR Mobile

its not true, out of the 3 topics, one will be picked out
Does anyone have revision material for women suffrages and liberal reforms?
Thanks
Votes for women is the easiest topic , not much to remember
r u sure that the paper will have sources on all 3 topics, we were just told that the change is that the essay will now be 16 marks where one should put knowledge from all 3 topics ! any1 agreeeee?
Yeah we were told that too, but you need to relate to the sources so my teacher said he believes that they may have some linking to other areas! If the question was about the government in the period most sources could be on the liberal reforms with 1 on the other two topics to aid you when you write the final question!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
Original post by funcrazy276
r u sure that the paper will have sources on all 3 topics, we were just told that the change is that the essay will now be 16 marks where one should put knowledge from all 3 topics ! any1 agreeeee?

what paper do you do?
british depth study 1890-1918
Reply 78
Original post by khan321
what mock paper, my school didn't any :/

These are the specification papers- essentially because of the change in the final question OCR have published a specimen paper to show the changes and give teachers a new mark scheme. We used them as mocks.

1890-1918 http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/140139-unit-a021-how-far-was-british-society-changed-1890-1918-for-september-2013.pdf
1939-1975 http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/140140-unit-a022-how-far-was-british-society-changed-1939-1975-for-september-2013.pdf
(they're hidden away on the OCR website- not along with the other past papers)
Original post by \\\
These are the specification papers- essentially because of the change in the final question OCR have published a specimen paper to show the changes and give teachers a new mark scheme. We used them as mocks.

1890-1918 http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/140139-unit-a021-how-far-was-british-society-changed-1890-1918-for-september-2013.pdf
1939-1975 http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/140140-unit-a022-how-far-was-british-society-changed-1939-1975-for-september-2013.pdf
(they're hidden away on the OCR website- not along with the other past papers)

We used this as a mock too. Does this mean women is less likely to come up because its in the specimen?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending