The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Plymouth Halls - Which are mixed/single sex?

Hi, I'm pretty sure this isn't already on their website (sorry if I'm wrong) but which of the halls will Mixed Gender in 2015.

I saw a post from 2007 or something saying Gilwell is all girls/boys only but this could have changed.

I don't know why Gilwell is single sex only though it's already the least popular from what I've heard.

Original post by JadeyP
Hi, I'm pretty sure this isn't already on their website (sorry if I'm wrong) but which of the halls will Mixed Gender in 2015.

I saw a post from 2007 or something saying Gilwell is all girls/boys only but this could have changed.

I don't know why Gilwell is single sex only though it's already the least popular from what I've heard.

Hello JadeyP,

During the application process this year you will have an option to select whether you would like to be placed in a single-sex flat. We do not have specific halls that are single-sex but some flats are set aside for this.

Gilwell is a popular hall for students who are looking for accommodation on a budget. We have a wide range of halls to suit various needs from budget accommodation all the way through to more luxury studio flats.

Best wishes,
Plymouth University Residence Life
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Plymouth University
Hello JadeyP,

During the application process this year you will have an option to select whether you would like to be placed in a single-sex flat. We do not have specific halls that are single-sex but some flats are set aside for this.

Gilwell is a popular hall for students who are looking for accommodation on a budget. We have a wide range of halls to suit various needs from budget accommodation all the way through to more luxury studio flats.

Best wishes,

Oh great thanks for the response! I've chosen Gilwell, Mixed sex.
Original post by Plymouth University
Hello JadeyP,

Best wishes,

Hi! This may be off topic but, are boys allowed into flats that only accommodate for girls(single sex) and vice versa? Thank you.
Original post by butterflygirl07
Hi! This may be off topic but, are boys allowed into flats that only accommodate for girls(single sex) and vice versa? Thank you.

Hello butterflygirl07,

There are currently no rules that ban opposite sex from visiting single sex flats, though we'd advice students to liaise with their flatmates on such issues.

If you have further questions, feel free to contact Residence Life on: [email protected] :smile:

Kind regards
Bryan
Plymouth University Student Intern

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending