The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

The Warwick Accommodation Thread (+Guide in Post#1)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4500
Couple of quick question on Lakeside...
1) it has central heating that is turned on at night or day only?
2) the weekly cleaning services cover the room and the bathroom? or common areas only?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 4501
Original post by hubble
Couple of quick question on Lakeside...
1) it has central heating that is turned on at night or day only?
2) the weekly cleaning services cover the room and the bathroom? or common areas only?

1. The building is heated 24/7 though the radiators won't necessarily be on all the time - they only come on if the temperature drops below a certain point.

2. Bathrooms are cleaned every week and rooms cleaned every other week while common areas are cleaned Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Here are the prices for the 2012/2013 year of study.
Original post by vlee1
My first choice would probably be Benefactor, but all the people I've spoken to say they don't know much about it and there aren't many comments about it here so I was wondering if anyone could give their opinion on it.

Looks like Benefactors is closed this year.
Does anyone know when we can start applying for accommodation this year? Do Warwick email you, or do you just keep checking the website for the application form?
Original post by summerlovin'
Does anyone know when we can start applying for accommodation this year? Do Warwick email you, or do you just keep checking the website for the application form?

You'll get emailed when it opens, which will probably be in May.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4506
Really can't make up my mind with Bluebell, 5850.00, is that justifiable? People say Bluebell is a boring campus, is this true?
Original post by gymrat
Really can't make up my mind with Bluebell, 5850.00, is that justifiable? People say Bluebell is a boring campus, is this true?

Bluebell is not worth it :no: . Seriously, the money you save far outstrips the few benefits Bluebell has!
Original post by gymrat

Please don't waste your money on Bluebell.
Someone posted in 2007 that Whitefields had noise from the cooler until 2 am and constant humm of the extractor fan. Is it still true now?
Original post by KittyKattyKaity
Looks like Benefactors is closed this year.

It is not closed. Probably just too small too be known.
Reply 4511
Bluebell's like a hotel, so not very social (is what I've heard from two friends staying there)
Reply 4512
I'm so confused! Which ones aren't avaliable for undergrads? :s-smilie:
Reply 4513
What is so special about Bluebell? Looks? What campus would you recommend for meeting new people, decent sized, not too small etc.
Reply 4514
Original post by electriic_ink
Please don't waste your money on Bluebell.

Read above :smile: any advice would be helpful
Original post by gymrat
Read above :smile: any advice would be helpful

Bluebell has a few things going for it: Wifi in the kitchen, ensuite, bigger beds, modern styling.

However, the cost is extraordinary! It's not worth it. It's individual flats, so if you don't get on with your kitchen, you're not in a good situation, and you simply have no money left to enjoy yourself for the rest of the year! :tongue:

You need to do your own research and come up with a criteria. The best hall for meeting people will be Rootes, but it's noisy, out-dated and shared facilities (if you care about that). Decent sized rooms are available at Westwood, but it's about 10-20 minutes off central campus. If you want ensuite, go for Jack Martin, Arthur Vick or Lakeside. Lakeside is also 5-10 minutes away from central campus, but it's 39 week lets unlike the other two. Jack Martin is closer to the SU than Arthur Vick, but AV has a common room. However, they're only 30 week lets.

There's a lot to think about. Just write down what you're looking for in an accommodation block and match it up to what's available :smile:
Original post by ms.brightside
It is not closed. Probably just too small too be known.

It's not on the price list for this year tho.
Original post by gymrat
What is so special about Bluebell? Looks? What campus would you recommend for meeting new people, decent sized, not too small etc.

As far as meeting new people is concerned, if you stay any hall which is described as "corridors" then you'll have more opportunity to meet others than if you stayed in flats.

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/accommodation/studentaccommodation/all/campus/facilities_summary_table_1112.pdf

You definitely get what you pay for with Bluebell: it's on central campus, 39 week let, lifts, WIFI in kitchen, double beds, ensuite and it all looks very modern. Far be it from me to tell you how to spend your money but I think it's just not worth paying £6000 for when there are perfectly good halls available for much less.
Reply 4518
Probably a silly question, but do any halls permit smoking?
Reply 4519
Original post by Ree69
Probably a silly question, but do any halls permit smoking?

No, you have to go outside to smoke.

Quick Reply

Latest